No Tags Found!

archnahr

Hi Nikhil,
How i missed such a nice topic...:)
I think trusted team player with his/her consistency in performance becomes a favorite amongst boss too...yes, it will take time to fight bias and competition with many Yes Men in the company but eventually with a large team supporting you there is no way an unskilled or low skilled person stay favorite forever.
As we have seen majority here would love to be Boss's favorite, so the less traveled path is being a trusted team Man......hence less competition..so probability of success is higher....
:)

From India, Delhi
yuvraj2008
A Very good question and many thanks to all the members who had posted responses based on their experiences.
IMHO, It entirely depends on preferences of immediate boss, unless and until 360 degree feedback mechanism well institutionalized in the company and culture of company is well managed by thorough professionals. So, I suggest, understand your immediate boss preferences (if you don't have good contacts with boss of your boss :-)) and act accordingly. That is the only way to get success in most of the companies.
Regards,
Yuvraj Sharma

ananadarajukh
Dear mr gurjar , till the time u reach ur company target u will fevorable to ur boss, as well as ur boss also fevorble to u, but ur team player is always with u for ur rights.
From India, Hubli
ngurjar

Ananadarajukh, I disagree... Other team players cannot do much if your boss decides to be unfavorable to you... They are always politically weaker!
From United States, Daphne
hareshthakur

Today's world, when every one is looking for short cuts and occupied with the rat race, it is but natural that most would prefer to be Boss's favourite. However, one should not forget in long run being team player paves the way for success.. All those looking or trying to please his/her boss need to be careful, today some may succeed by adopting to such methods. However, in long run these very people run the risk of being left out like abandon beaches of yesterday..
Remember, if you are a team player, you would only develop skills which would stand you good even if you have someone replaces your boss for some reason or other. Keep your focus on your long term goals, you would realise, short term rat race does not serve your purpose....

ashamba
Read this..

The most important person who can help you in your career growth and learning, at work, is your boss. Whatever he says, good or bad, about you, definitely has an impact on your career growth. Because career growth is more than working hard, meeting deadlines, being dapper & diligent. Most often to get a promotion, increment, in any organization, you need to be in good books of your boss.

Every boss has a favourite. Ethically they should not but it’s a human nature. Like we all have favourite co-worker, favourite friend and favourite family member. If you get a boss who is going to have favourites, you have to cash on this opportunity and be the one of his favourites. If you become one then don’t flash this out proudly in front of your colleagues. Don’t acknowledge this news in front of anyone and try to be reticent, modest and humble.

To get to be favourite one has to depend on skill, hard work, talent, taking initiative etc. One has to be loyal, team player and boss appreciating to get more opportunity, exposure and learning. To become favourite one should never depend on buttering up, blandishing, servility, sycophancy etc.

Do not strive so hard to become favourite of your boss that you become dirt ball for your colleagues. If you genuinely deserve because you are efficient, dependable, honest then only your colleague will also abide with it.

Also, make sure to know all the favourites in other departments. This is not a tough job at all. They will be treated with the same very way like you are treated from your boss. You can spot them because they would be:

• Spending more time with their boss.

• Trusted and intimate.

• Get the rewarding and prestigious job/work/perk.

• Part of every meeting.

Once you spot them, be friends with them. There is nothing like getting recognition/recommendation from other bosses. This way you also get to know what’s going on in other department, company and become part of that ‘elite crowd’.

If you are on the other side and you disapprove of favouritism, do none of anything mentioned above.

Share your workplace experience about favouritism.

From India, Belgaum
neha.pahuja

hmm both are equally important. But if you'll become boss's favorite then all other employees will be anti you & if they'll come to talk to you then it will be their selfish interest behind that. and if you'll be a good team player then there are chances that you can win both the sides but it will be a great mess. :)
From India, Jaipur
leothuthur
According to my perception , first of all we should be our favorite what i meant to say is we are not working to satisfy boss or team members. But we should satisfy ourselves and also should travel towards company's objective.
From India, Madras
veena.p
I would like to add my experience recently in one Organisation.
The HR Executive of the Organisation has sent the Master Salary file to all @ India email id, every employee came to know everybody salaries. All employees were waiting for an action to be taken towards that Executive.
But believe me or not no action instead she has been promoted to the next level because she is boss`s favourite.
I was speech less.......
Pls. comment on this.
Regards
VP

From India, Bangalore
Harish Chawla
I think one should have
* Commitment to the Organization and one's job
* Work hard to perform better and better
* Continually increase one's skills
* Maintain good relations with all including Boss and hence hence achieve position of both trusted person and Boss's preferred. Normally the happier situation will be to achieve both.
But world is not necessarily pefect than better be trusted person due to your abilities as first no one will ask you to leave due to your own strength and you are not limited to work only in one Organization as there are enough Organizations who would want you to join them.
If you are only Boss's preferred and do not have personal strength then you only have limited honeymoon period as someone else may occupy that position of preferance with boss or else Boss itself might leave the Organization.

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.