matheen

Hi Khadir,
Thks for ur comments.. but still i stick with the same fact like what i said before.. Boss is the final decision maker .. if u satisfy him, u r inside the company.. if not u know like what happens.. this happens in all the organizations ..I have seen many employees who have given everything to the company and got no rewards bcos of the bosses.. Truth hurts... but we cant avoid that...apart from being straight forward, also try to learn the company culture.. this will help u in future...let me remind u one thing.. Employees leave company not bcos of jobs.. but bcos of bosses... hope u understand.
Regards
Matheen.R

From India, Madras
matheen

Hi khadir,
First u should understand one thing that Employees leave company not bcos of job, but bcos of bosses... boss is the decision maker about an employee's future.. an employee without the support of his boss will definitely cant survive in the organization until he wins the heart of his team and boss.. apart from being straight forward u have to concentrate on the present organizational culture, which will help u grow even more better...
THKS For ur comment...
Regards
Matheen.R

From India, Madras
M.Sayeed

A very sensitive Question and good too.

Advantages for being a Boss Favorite

1, You have complete right to do any thing (No one ask anything or obstruct)

2, You will be provide less work then others, (But Payment is In-Full)

3, For Time being you will be treated as a Special, (Lemonade by others)

Dis-advantages for being a Boss Favorite (Keep Counting)

1, You will be always dislike by other colleague's with in your office.

2, You will lose your strenght,ability, talent, internal feeling day by day.

3, You will be the first to be terminated once the Boss got changed.

4, You will not have good reputation in organisation as they see u like spy of the Boss.

5, You will be habitual of dependable in your life where ever you join.

6, Last but not least - You wasting your prestigious Time in Buttering to the Boss, Instead of gaining Knowlege and Experience.

Advantages for being Trusted Team Player.

1, You will be self confidence, with good explode of Strenght, Talent, Trust, Ability Etc.

2, You will be liked by all Members, Colleagues with in and out of the organizations.

3, Your Reputation were much higher then the Boss Fav.

4, You will be not worried of any termination, as you will stand alone in any circumstances.

5, Your hardwork will be appreciated by members at any cost.

Dis-advantages for being Trusted Team Player

1, Its only one point That is you are not the Boss Fav ...But your honesty,Hardwork will count for sure.

Thank you,

From Kuwait, Hawalli
skhadir

Dear Mr. Matheen
I do agree with you but do remember that, its organisations who are loosing TALENTED WORK FORCE, this is the major reason for ATTRITION besides PAY/COMPENSATION. There are many talented employees, who believe that, if not this organisation, someone else will hire my services.

I seriously doesn't want to grow by buttering up a wrong/bad boss, just to safe guard my job. I would love to support a GOOD BOSS, out of my way. I am sure there a GOOD BOSS in this world.

Moreover, when you match your frequency with your boss, lets say a good matured(by all means) boss, then you can see the major difference in your life..........This is the fact......A GOOD BOSS will never promote WRONG THINGS/MOVES.

Very few tried their best to change their boss mentality.....

So, why do you worry about yourself when you are not wrong......It is our HONESTY that is supporting us and even a BAD BOSS cannot harm us...

What Mr. Sayeed wrote, is the fact.......
ADVANTAGES of BEING TRUSTED TEAM PLAYER or EMPLOYEE are more than "being BOSS FAVORITE"

I have one practical query for you, hope you will respond positively...
"Just assume that, your boss had done injustice with other employees, you had realized the fact that, your boss had taken a wrong decision.
a) Now, do you still support your boss? or
b) try to convince him to change his decision
c) What if, if you fail to gain the TRUST of those employees, as you all need to support each other. Can you and your BOSS manage the organisation without the support of other employees?

With profound regards

From India, Chennai
ngurjar

(Cite Contribution),
In today's world, bosses need to know what 'drives' the employees... If impressing a boss is a driver, then one needs to leverage it to bring the best of the organization. Writing them off is probably the wrong thing. One needs to know how to manage the situation rather than get swayed otherwise!
The problem is that one could many times be both, yet suffer (in line with Sayeed's post).
Matheen is not wrong, because if the boss is oriented to the organization, your impressing him will mean that you are definitely oriented to the organization!
Let's face it... Afterall, as they put it in the US, the paradigms reads: Its my way or the highway!

From United States, Daphne
skhadir

"When you are In the Light, Everything follows You, But When You Enter Into The Dark, Even Your Own Shadow Doesn’t Follow You." — -Hitler
From India, Chennai
skhadir

"When you are In the Light, Everything follows You, But when you enter Into the Dark, even your own shadow doesn’t follow you." — -Hitler
From India, Chennai
Krishnaswamy S L
A good team player is a need in any organization.Being a boss’s favorite?????: in the organization if boss is favoring some body,god save the organisation
From India
boss2966

To become a favourite to Boss one must be a trusted and proven team player.
But the above will be applicable only where the organisation and the boss of the organisation is having the trust and running on the strength and decision of trusted team player.
Once the boss is biased to someone and he keeps someone in his good books and believe the someone whatever he says, then it cannot be a good organisation to work at all.
As said by Ms. (Cite Contribution) if the attitude of boss is like Organisation First and running on the Trusted Team Players then the organisation will be heaven for the sincere workers and trusted team players and obviously the organisation will always be ahead.

From India, Kumbakonam
ngurjar

Even a mother has favorite children, so why deny the boss? Our discussions maynot remove the phenomenon of bosses having favorites. Its natural!
Most of you are talking less of what the preferred choice should be, rather you are trying to tell how the boss should be.
Interesting, how one is extrapolating it to the organization being good or bad, when this is actually an individualistic phenomenon!

From United States, Daphne
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.