madhudl
If employee is not coming under ESI act , what is the Maternity Benefit act says about the Maternity benefit.

Que 1 . If employees is working with the same org. since 4 years ,without information if she went on leave from 1st month of carrying itself ,what employer has to do ?is it considerable for maternity benefit ?

Que 2 . After delivery if she sent mail saying that, I am on maternity leave how employers as to treat this?

Que 3 . what documents need to be submit to HR for maternity benefit ?

Que 4 . If she has taken leaves from 1st month of carrying what documents need to submit to employer?

From India, Bangalore
Lubna Ambreen

Thanks for the response everyone, in particular Hari Sir. Which online material or website do I refer to have full access to the Maternity Benefit Act 1961? Please Guide. Regards, Lubna Ambreen
From India, Nagpur
v.harikrishnan

Dear Lubna Ambreen
You can search for the Act in the website of the Ministry of Labour Government of India. You can also for this particular Act in Yahoo search or Google Search. Even cite hr.com has this Act I believe. I remember that some one has uploaded this Act.
With regards

From India, Madras
apmhr.wg
Dear all
This is Venu gopal ,Asst Manager- HR, DRDA,Dept of rural Development
One employee avail Maternity leave for 4 months( 2008-2009) and extend her leave another 5 months. Total 9 months leave availed. My question is if she eligible to get yearly increment during the year? if Yes, How she eligible? If no How she is not eligible? pls comment on rule based.
Venu Gopal
Asst project Manager-HR
DRDA
Dept of Rural Development
Govt of AP.
Mail ID:apmhr.wg@gmail.com

From India, Bhimavaram
v.harikrishnan

Dear Mr.Venugopal
Probably you are referring to an employee of the Government of A.P. If it be so, the Government rules regulating the grant of maternity leave and how that maternity leave should be reckoned for increment will be applicable and the Maternity Benefit Act is not applicable. In cases where the Maternity Benefit Act is applicable 12 weeks maternity benefit is allowed for the delivery of a child. Any leave over and above the 12 weeks provided for under the MB Act depends on the policy adodpted by the employer in such cases. Some employers grant leave on loss of pay for one month after the expiry of the 12 week maternity benefit period. Again how to calculate the qualifying service for increment would have been laid down in the leave policy or HR policy of the employer(this refers to a case where the MB Act is applicable). The policy of the concerned organisation has to be followed in this case.
With regards

From India, Madras
Madhu.T.K

Maternity leave is a paid leave. During maternity leave of 84 days she is entitled to get full salary that she was drawing just before the leave started. Salary for the purpose should include all allowances which are paid as per contract of service. Therefore, you can not restrict it to any particular component of salary. This has due importance since the act of bifurcating salary into so many particles just to reduce the basic salary has been viewed very seriously.
Regards,
Madhu.T.K

From India, Kannur
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.