No Tags Found!

Rajat Joshi

Dear all,
This has been excellent thread of discussion!! One of the best i have read in recent times..
Thanks baiju07 for initiating the same and sharing his perspective..
Special thanks to srinaren, HR4all, vndixit, Runa Maitra, kasinag and stan for sharing their experience and thoughts..and above all taking precious time out to help Baiju07..
Keep it up..
Regards,
Rajat

From India, Pune
HoJha
Everyone seems to agree that a resignation letter must be sober and state the basic facts we require to mention in it. These basic facts are the reasons for resigning and the date on which you wish to resign with a note about your leave balance and notice period.

Now the question is, then how and when do you state the unpleasant reasons for resigning? May I suggest that you don't state them directly in the resignation letter? The forum to state them firmly and directly, if necessary, is the exit interview if it is undertaken. But do you want to go against the Dale Carnegie advise of winning a point but losing a friend?

:roll:

Alternatively, you can always write a constructive letter to your management telling them why the policies they are pursuing may not go down well with some of the staff and how they can address the issue. Let us remember that till as long as we are employed by the management it is our responsibility to give them our best attitude and advice.

To avoid the bother of deciding what we need to state in a resignation letter a lot of organizations and institutions have a standard format for it. Perhaps, you may want to give them such a letter format to make a final productive contribution. :D

From India, Chennai
HR4all

HI guys!!

Am back again. I think one of the most difficult things to do in one's professional life is to quit his/her organization - Especially after having worked there for a long time. (And something i have realized is that the longer you work with an organization the more comfortable you get, the more you begin to take things for granted - and then when the big bang - CHANGE comes - we are shaken and unable to come to terms with it ) Does that sound familiar?? Change Management from our text books....

Baiju - Am not against you or anything - but don't you think your reaction is more because you will be having to leave a comfort sort - so to say. Analyse the situation and make your choices - stay with your organization and accept things as they are - since they have been quite blunt and clear by saying that no changes will be made. Or take this as an opportunity to introspect and check if you have been taking things lightly and maybe neglecting some part of your work. See if you can improve a bit more and do something more which will help in changing the minds of the management.

I know you must be saying - this person is sitting and blabbering away do this n do that and does not understand how difficult it is. Frankly I know how difficult it is - have been through the same experience - but I made my choice (because I was very clear that I had always been putting in my 100% and no one could ever find fault with my efforts) and moved on. A difficult choice no doubt - but life again is about choices - isn't it??

We need to learn to let go and stop expecting things from anyone. Life is much easier to go through that way - it hurts less. And one thing you need to remember don't ever regret your decision - whatever you decide is right - even if things go bad or not as you had planned. If you do not regret it - you will also come over it.

All the best and hope you are successful in your decision making process!!

P.S - About the letter format - log onto this site called - www.iresign.com

you willl get some pointers from there.

From India, Mumbai
baiju07
Hi Srinaren and other friends,
I like your reply and completely understood what you are mentioned. You are 100% correct. Our management has taken the same decision. They do not like to send me home (as I am the senior most person since begining of the huge project) but the same time they indirectly saying me to leave the job by disconnecting my wages.
The best way, as you suggested leaving-I am looking for better offers. some of them are on stream. I hope will get in a short period.
Others please do not feel me badly, may be it seems a personal letter. Sincerely regretted. Please send me a sample resignation letter to
Many thanks again. Have nice days
Regards

From Sudan
srinaren

Hi Baiju,
Thanks for your kind words. I am glad that you have taken the whole issue sportively though in the beginning, it looked as if you are very much upset! But that is the way life goes on! We feel we are doing our duty well, we have the knowledge, everybody except the management likes us, done good to the people , so on and so forth! But the truth is the Management has different thoughts, schemes etc., because they are the investors! In a fit of rage, we may accuse, fight, try to talk to them to prove that we are good, does not really help. If the person for whom we are working, has to see each other everyday and there is no understanding or can't see eye in eye, there is no point in working in that place, for that boss/management. The world is big, being a matured person and having good experience, you will definitely get a good opportunity! My heart says so!! All the best and remember WHAT ALL HAPPENS, HAPPENS FOR GOOD. Best of Luck!
-Srinaren

From India, Bangalore
baiju07
Dear Sri You are so kind and very matured. I will keep in touch with you if you don’t mind can I expect your email address? Have a pleasent day Thanks and regards.
From Sudan
jituraj15

how to make bonus what is rules and regulation of bonus which form bonus make and how to make left employee bonus
From India, Ahmadabad
jalpesh.pandya
Tuesday, 16th December 2008
To,
Mr. (Sir Name)
Company Name
City Name

Dear Sir,
This resignation letter is inform you that my last day at (School Name) will be December 31st 2008, two weeks from today. I will be relocating to (City Name), (Company Name/ Reason)

Working for (Company name) has been wonderful experience. I could not ask for a better group of colleagues. I have grown in many ways here and will always treasure the opportunities provided for me by (Company Name)

---------------------------------------------------------OR--------------------------------------------------------

I have appreciated by opportunities and experiences that have been provided to me during my 3 years of service for (Company Name). If there is anything I can do be of assistance during the transition, please let me know.

Sincerely,
(Your Name)

From India, Pune
shweta@southwestpinnacle.

Please let me know in case your supv takes out his/her Frustration on us without any reason what should we do... its tough to handle such siutations at times ..... also let me know whether we should give clarification when we are right to ur boss or not?

From India, New Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.