No Tags Found!

praveenk7
my management has asked me to take the affidavit form the new employee that they will follow the company rule and regulations
From India, Mumbai
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Praveen,

Your management's demand is surprising. I did not come across with this kind of demand.

You could have given little more information like where you work, what is your designation, what is the employee strength, whether you have approved standing orders or not and above all why your management felt need of taking affidavit.

Employer-employee relationship is based on mutual trust. This trust is out of mutual need also. If you start taking affidavits, it will create fear psychosis among the staffs. Few staffs may not like it also. Decisions of this kind may foster atmosphere of distrust and at later it will become very difficult for you to change this culture. If employee commits some misconduct then there are adequate provisions to handle the misconduct. For infringement of rules and regulations is your MD going to sue the employees and if yes then how many suits will he file?

There could be instances of theft or fraud however, obtaining affidavit from employees is not in good taste. In return will your MD give affidavit that he will follow all the rules and regulations 100% ?

Possibly your MD could be fed up with non-compliance of rules and regulations and out of sheer frustration he might have come to this conclusion. This happens when you acquire inferior quality of manpower. It is my surmise that it could be your recruitment problems as well.

Leadership lies in influencing the people to do the right job at the right time and in the right manner. Now if things have come to such a pass where to influence someone, affidavit is required then it is a clear case of failure of leadership. This is what my personal opinion is.

Ok...

Dinesh V Divekar

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.