No Tags Found!

gayatri p

Dear HR professionals. We are a company based in Mumbai (about 200 headcounts). As per the Maharashtra Shops and Establishments Act total of 8 Casual Leaves apart from PL as prescribed have to be given to employees.

Can you maintain only one leave head as PL(Paid Leave) of, say, 30-32 days (instead of PL+CL as mentioned in the act) but not bifurcated? I am given to understand that many companies do this. So if we maintain together, will that be an issue from the authorities' perspective?

Kind request to clarify on this.

Warm Regards,

From India, Mumbai
Madhu.T.K

The purposes for which the different leaves can be availed are different. The manner in which these leaves (CL and PL) become due are different. Similarly the manner in which these leaves can be availed is also different. Moreover, only PL can be carried forward but the unavailed CL will lapse at the end of the year. Therefore, even though you have more number of leaves than what is provided under the Act, you are not not said to comply with the rules.
From India, Kannur
gayatri p

Thank you Mr Madhu for your quick advise. Always look forward to your insights on various matters. Somehow I cannot see appreciation/validate button even after trying all the possible browsers.

Truly appreciate your support.

Regards,

From India, Mumbai
Madhu.T.K

Thank you for your appreciation. I will continue to put my knowledge to guide the HR fraternity the right way so that the employees will be happy and the employers will not jump into troubles in future.
From India, Kannur
ashok pal

Sir/Madam, CL can be availed 1/2 day but PL can be availed only full day.
From India, Indore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.