josefeb15

hi kalpana do as the large retasil company hr advised you to do.. take leave and then serve the notice period..
From India, Mumbai
Prabha Naidu
Hi Kalpana,You need not worry in this condition, You dont waste your time & without any fear give your resignation letter immediately to your boss. 15days notice period is more than enough for a small organization having only 8-9 ppl. Your boss can do nothing when an employee willingly want to leave the organization. If he doesnt gives you experience letter then forget it.. dont cry before him & be strong. I think you should not loose this opportunity of joining retail sector.Go ahead!!! take a chill pill :-)All the best :-)
From India, Vadodara
Deepa Surakattula

Hmmm............Kalpana ...your situation is very confusing !!!
Talk it out clearly with new company that you wont be able to submit all the documents if you go by their condition !!!
With the present employers end .......Tell them diplomatically to hire somebody for your position ........
Once you get out of this situation plz share the rest of experience too .... But one thing if the new oppurtunity is good then do not leave it...
Best of luck !!

From India, Hyderabad
p_karia

Hello respected seniors,
I am poonam doing MBA n am doin summer prjct in INDIAN RAYON...I am doing prjct in HR n da topic is employee relations in People Mgt..
I want 2 prepare PPT in People Mgt. n in emp relations 4 the company...
plz guide me 4 da same...n for hw 2 work out 4 prjct plz
Thanks
Maddy

From India, Rajkot
kalpana_t

Hi All,
Thanks for the advice once again. I'm very thankful to all of you for giving such valuable advice. I will do as i had planned earlier, I will take five days off and then go back and serve notice period of 15 days, if my boss is not paying me for this month then he should give my experience letter coz he is keeping my 1 months salary and if he is paying me then i think 15 days notice is good coz its a small co, worst comes to worst he wont give my exp. letter. I have already explained the situation to new co. and they understand that I may not get the exp. letter.
So I will just stick to this decision and go ahead with it.
Thanks once again .
Regards,
Kalpana

From India, Pune
ns_kulkarnid

Dear Kalpana, Don’t wait, do join retail company. If you keep on thinking like this, you will not be able to leave that job in future too.
From India, Mumbai
gkspdcl@gmail.com
Hello Kalpana,
When u applied for another opportunity, ur mindset is searching to get better job. Then why are u waiting for the present. Before applying u should have think off. once u applied and got opportunity don't see back.
One more suggestion, If u want experience, u should not change the place atleast for a period of one year.
GOOD LUCK
GK

From India, Nellore
prashantrana
Dear seniors
i have query regarding employee termination within probation period .Do the company have a right to terminate employee on the the basis of employee PMS(performance management system).Although the employee have served the organisation more than 1 year .

From India, Meerut
surendravarma

Hi Kalpana,

This is the situation i suppose every professional goes through in one or other way. Its a dificult situation for anyone who is facing this.

Its always good to convinve your future employer from whom you have received the offer for a new job. Its not advisable to leave any job without giving sufficient period. In your case you need to give atleast 15 days notice period to your current organization if i have understood your problem well.

You can tell your future employer that if you leave on immediate basis the work will suffer at present employers place as you are the only one who is handling HR so being in HR you can't do that. Explain them that even the company who is offering you a job must be having a notice period so if you do the same with them in future by leaving the organization without giving them a proper notice period even they are not going to appreciate this.

I am sure if you explain them this they would understand, because in 15 days even they must be knowing that heaven is not going to fall. They are pressurising you because their current personnel is leaving a job and even they can request the current HR person to stay back for 15 more days.

I am sure if you show this dedication to them they will surely appreciate this and if they don't then finally its your call.

All the best.

Regards,
Surendra

From India, Surat
soapopera
Always leave your current job in a good term. I do not think it is fair from your new employer to ask you to do so. If they do really want you, they will wait. Good luck!
From Cambodia, Phnum Pénh
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.