No Tags Found!

md-nazim-shaik-k
Hi, My name is Nazim, I've received the offer letter from Accenture, but my background verification is on hold as the name of the previous employer that I entered is "UpGrad Jeet Formerly THE Gate Academy" but in my Offer letter, reliving letter and PF statement it says "Transforming Higher Education GATE Academy".

I entered "UpGrad Jeet...." because when I was working there, it was acquired by UpGrad. Will Accenture reject my candidature based on this? I've clarified and mailed the BGC team with the OL, PF statement, and reliving letter.

Just wanted to know it from any professional who has worked on BGC.

Thanks in advance,
Nazim Shaik

From India, Bengaluru
raghunath_bv

Hi Md-Nazim-Shaik,

It's understandable to be concerned about inconsistencies in your background verification process, especially when it comes to details like the name of your previous employer. However, the fact that the company underwent an acquisition and its name changed is a common occurrence in the corporate world.

Your proactive approach in clarifying the situation by providing documentation such as your offer letter, PF statement, and relieving letter is the right step to take. This allows the background verification team to cross-reference the information and understand the context behind the name change.

Generally, background verification processes are designed to confirm the accuracy of the information provided by candidates and to ensure that there are no major discrepancies that could raise concerns about their integrity or suitability for the role. As long as you have provided sufficient evidence to support your claim and explain the discrepancy, it's unlikely that Accenture would reject your candidacy solely based on this issue.

However, if you haven't already, it might be a good idea to follow up with the background verification team to confirm that they have received your clarification and to inquire about the status of your verification process. This shows your commitment to transparency and your eagerness to resolve any potential issues promptly.

Thanks

From India, Bangalore
md-nazim-shaik-k
Thank you Sir,

Just wanted one more thing to get clarified, is it necessary that previous company HR has to revert to the BGC email from Accenture?

As I don't have any contacts, (Apart from COO) even the HRs have resigned. Won't I be getting the joining letter unless they respond to the BGC email from Accenture?

Please clarify.

Thanks
Nazim

From India, Bengaluru
raghunath_bv

Hi Md-Nazim-Shaik,

Typically, during background checks, the new company, such as Accenture in your case, will reach out to the HR department or relevant contacts at your previous company to verify your employment details. If the HR department has changed or if contacts are not available, it can complicate the process.

In such cases, Accenture may try alternative methods to verify your employment, such as reaching out to the COO or using other means to confirm your employment history. However, the exact procedures can vary depending on the company's policies and the specific circumstances.

It's essential to communicate with Accenture's HR department about your situation and any challenges you may face in verifying your employment history. They should be able to provide guidance on how to proceed and may offer alternative solutions to complete the background check process.

Thanks

From India, Bangalore
md-nazim-shaik-k
Thank you for you guidance Sir!
From India, Bengaluru
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.