No Tags Found!

udayn9
@thread starter
You have yet another option of taking up qualifications of CIPD and SHRM. I feel they are more specialized and provides the strategic approach like MBA.
Again all depends on how experienced you are.

From India, Bangalore
nvikram
Hi Friends,
I am working as Finance Controller for one of the MNCs from KSA. I had studied MBA on distance mode from SMU. I had juniors who had passed MBA from B School who are unable to manage a thing independently. Then what is the meaning of MBA at B School is better than MBA at disance mode. Persons who are really working, can have more value by getting MBA even in the distant mode. Vikraman

From Saudi Arabia, Riyadh
tajsateesh

Vikraman has put it very right.
In a single line: What OR where you 'study' hardly matters; what AND where you 'learn' finally matters.
So Varsha, look for such opportunities where you can 'learn', the 'what' being already decided in your case--MBA.
Rgds,
TS

From India, Hyderabad
sonidhrumin
hi all i , dhrumin soni, completed my MBA with HR specialization, i want to ASK you that , is it good to do deploma courses from the AIIMAS CHENNAI??????????? waiting for the suggetions
From India, Ahmadabad
surendershilla
hi dear,
First let me introduced myself, I m the principal of good management institute in haryana state in northen India. In my advice you should do the MBA course from any regular institute only. The distance MBA requires the approval of DEC(Distance Education Council) under HRD ministry, GOI, for which a very few institute/university has the approval. If do not have the time for regual MBA, then I have the solution for you. I will manage the name of yours in my college and u have to come for the examination only. For further details see the site of my college or contact me personally, my contact no is 09812155134,7876184888.
thanks and regards
surender kumar shilla

From India, Gurgaon
amirtha12varshini

Hello
First I should thank you for the Reply... I have a simple question for you ..I have attended Many interview the first and foremost thing they are asking are you did in Correspondence??? Or distant Mode.. If People Might be Intelligent in all subject related Matter If he completed in distant Mode People not considering those Candidates If they Present Interview well... Why so????? People not considering Subject matter rather than they are considering which Mode they learned????????...

From India, Coimbatore
nashbramhall

Please search other threads where the pros and cons of distance and full-time studies have been covered at CiteHR.
From United Kingdom
tajsateesh

Hello Varsha,
nashbramhall has given you some sane advice....try to follow it.
However, as I keep seeing your dithering comments, I think FIRST & FOREMOST YOU NEED TO FIRST WASH OUT 100% OF YOUR BRAIN from the mental-block about the query you raised. If you develop some amount of clear-headed clarity, I am sure you could have answered the questions you are being asked in the interviews you attended.
Look @ it this way reg your query--"People not considering Subject matter rather than they are considering which Mode they learned????????... " Maybe YOU were giving them an impression that your 'subject matter' knowledge was NOT SO GREAT or putting this in another way--maybe you DIDN'T give them a confidence in your 'subject matter'? And all the while, you kept focusing on 'where' the MBA was done.
Suggest focus on "every aspect" of your interview performance & you will get the answer to your problem.
Rgds,
TS

From India, Hyderabad
samvedan

Hello,

Since the question is raised on my post I am happy to answer.

It is true that in the ultimate analysis what counts is your competence and neither the institute alone that you passed out from, nor the mode of education of learning-whether "regular" or "distance" wil count beyond a point!

Regular course brings along with itself some assurance and credibility of caliber of the student intake after screening that distance learning has not been able to so far. Then what I omitted to emphasise in the earlier post of mine is the fact that for a fresher, a "regular" course of instruction is more suitable as is personally interactive and the inputs are easier to be digested since there is no preconceived notions about anything. But for an experienced person a"distance learning" course may as well work out beneficial as the student is already exposed to the world of work and concepts of management (how proper or mediocre is a question apart and on that, I would say, "to each his own"!)

Subject to what I have stated so far, I had recounted a story from Mahabharata in an earlier similar post. I had reminded all that, while "Arjun" became a great archer and a warrior and learnt other subjects under the best of teachers appointed to teach the princes of royal family, there was "Eklavya" son of tribesman (with no access to great teachers) became as great an archer if not greater, that "Arjun himself.

So it is possible and it only proves a point that one does not NEED a great facilitate to advance in knowledge. But it can not be ignored that learning under good faculty in a good institute certainly helps!

Lastly about your point that if your competence is not seen by the interviewers its tough for you as in these matters there no justice except the natural justice and consequences. You may not get the coveted job but the organization who appointed interviewers who fail to see competence in potential candidates also pay a price of loosing out on good and competent candidates. They may continue to lose out thus but the competent will get coveted jobs sooner or later.

There are certain realities like the ones you mentioned that have to accepted as beyond your capability to change in your own case.

Trust this response will leave no doubts but if you like to raise more questions, I will be happy to answer!

Regards
samvedan
June 6, 2011
-----------------------

From India, Pune
lingua123
Hi Amrita,
Again Mr.Samvedan has put it in proper words.But let me add something if you are working abroad r planning to work abroad then Distance OR online MBA with whatever institution wont matter as long as you can deliver.only your capability to work matters.They keep aside your certificates and see what you can deliver and you need a degree just to get promotion or that particular job.But yeah the organizations where you worked earlier matters.
But in India still regular MBA and institution matters.Here also trends are changing but still not that much.So decide wisely.

From India, Hyderabad
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.