Anonymous
Dear Sid,
Do'nt involve into bullshit of Labour. Maintain your records and ask the enforcing inspector/Officer to get the Legal Compliance from the Principal Employer. Moreover there can be no sub-contractor without the Principal employer.
Aby

swastik73

Dear Sid,

I once was in the similar situation and hope I seen this post earlier and would have been able to help you:

Do the following:

1) First find out if BESCOM is exempted or not. If no, then a State Body and the State Government are not one and the same thing. They all will have to get themselves Registered and there is no exemption in this regard. The Contract Labour Act do not make any special exemption to Govt. Undertakings, PSUs or Quashi Government Bodies

2) Get them to sign the Form V

3) Now just make the application for License attaching the Form V. Keep a photocopy of the entire set.

4) Do not go and directly try to deposit it as it will be checked. Go, to the Receive Section and get it receipted. Keep the Receipted Copy in a safe place.

5) Just forget about the whole thing and maintain your records in the same manner as you would have done following all laws (Treat that you are already Registered). Submit the returns as well.

It is the duty of the Contract Labour Inspector to get the Establishment Registered as Principal Employer, it is not your duty and cannot be taken to task for non compliance.

Revert back or call me for further queries.

Regards,

SC

From India, Thane
sidhu1972

Dear Swastik, I did all things, wat u suggested. Even i managed to obtain some labour licenses.............................. Thxs for suggestion. Regards Sidheshwar
From India, Bangalore
ashamundkur
Dera All
I have a query which is almost similar: But this wld be from the view point of the Agency engaging contract labours for thier overseas / local clients
1) What all registration is required. Apart from Shops & Establishment & Service Tax?
2) Is labour licence mandatory?
3) How to obtain it?
4) Do we need to take labour license even when we employ permanent labours?
Regards,
Asha

Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.