No Tags Found!

rashidmusa

dimitrz <link updated to site home> [IMG]https://www.citehr.com/images/statusicon/user_offline.gif[/IMG]

I find problem with your attitude as jealous of employee enjoyong their sick leaves.

As HR profesional one mustnot take every employee's right for granted as the number of leaves whatever may be as CL/SL/PL etc employee has right to enjoy. You cannot act like teacher or Head master to curb their right.

In my organization I always feel happy when people take leave and resume after leave with fresh mind and joy because leaves are helping people to come out of monotonus and fatigue kind of work culture.

If your employee spend his whole life for his employer's service what is left in employees life then?

Is he not human being?
Don't you think he has emotions, health and social obligations or he is ust machine to treat like bonded labour.

Today's new nomenclature of HR to old our time designations of Labour and Personel officer's designations does not change the midieval age attitude and mindset of Feudal Indians..and they still contrive to bring these practices into new age corporate world.

Open your eyes and liberate your mind from such feudal charactorstics and avoid nuisance to employeees . Let them live a life of Human being don't withdraw their human rights to live healthy life.

Rashid

From Saudi Arabia
Ash Mathew

Hi I agree with Dylan...as well as Rashid.

Reward positive behavior - show ur concern for employees
at the same time - dont be so aggressive and agitated over the fact that they are taking leave for other than sick leave.

Do you know one thing - I have never been sick (by health :-) in the last 4 months. I have been continuously attending work. 9 to 6 / 7 pm. Including saturdays.
I just started feeling irritated with msyelf... I am not giving priority to my home life or "pampering myself". But I know that if I am away from work atleast for a day or two, I get back to work with an higher level of enthu and better projects for implementation.

Do u think I can tell my boss " I need a leave - just like that"
No - I make use of the sick leave. Its MY benefit.

So I occassionally take a day or two off to unwind myself and get back to work.

Dylan - I agree with you: to reward positive behavior, so that ppl dont misuse the benefits available.
But let them use what is given to them - if they exceed, let them explain.

When u start PENALIZING for something they ought to have the benefit for, u make them think "HR is bad - & so - - - company is bad".

Then ur question will turn to "Retention Strategies"

From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.