neha22111986@yahoo.co.in

Hi,
i have a doubt...
1. our organisation is not covered under any act(factories/shops) so still dow we need to give maternity benefit.
2. Also, we have 110 employees and we provide services to our clients abroad.. its EOU. so shouldnt we have registered under shops act by now...??
Kindly help me out to clarify these points.
Regards
Neha Sharma

From India, Chandigarh
R.N.Khola

Dear Neha,
After going through your statement you seems to be very well covered under both of the Acts.According to the Punjab Shops & Commercial Establishment Act, 1958 as applicable to UT Chandigarh 'Shop' - ''means any premises wherein any trade or business is carried on or where services are rendered to customers & includes office,store rooms,godowns ------." Thus in this Act even offices are covered under Shops Act. You may also go through both the Acts for your query relating to applicability of Acts.For more details you can approach the office of Assistant Labour Commissioner, Sector 30, labour Welfare Centre Building, Chandigarh in this regard.
Opinion submitted as requested.
With Regards,
R.N.Khola

From India, Delhi
neha22111986@yahoo.co.in

Thanks Mr. Khola for your advice.. everytime i try to tell the same to the management that we offer pharma research paper service to the clients abroad and ours is a office with 110 ppl so we are obviously covered under shops act.. then everytime they say where its written specifically that pharma research is covered in there, where is it written that chandigarh is covered under punjab...
also, we have never had any inspector or anyone coming in to see if we follow what written in act.. then i doubt if we actually are covered under the shops act..
however, thanks for throwing light on this issue, its actually bugging my mind since long..
Regards
Neha

From India, Chandigarh
Vasant Nair

My Dear Friend,
Why are trying to confuse the issue woth your ignorance of relevant law. Where does the Shops Act come in?
Please read all basic Labour laws for better understanding of your own role as an HR pratitioner.
Vasant Nair

From India, Mumbai
parthipks
Dear Friends, If employee went on meaternity leave, employer is liable to to duduct PF amount when she is not covered under ESI Please help me out thank you Parthiban.k
From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.