svignan
@Tajsateesh - Thanks so much for your reply. Frankly, I was starting to think the same thing. That maybe IT is not my cup of tea. I will definitely consider the suggestions & keep trying. At the same time, I should know when to pull out the cards if things are not working. I shall look into more avenues here after(look around for an open door! :) ).
Thanks again for the kind words.

From India, Hyderabad
vkokamthankar

• I would suggest to be very frank and transparent.
  • Candidate should not be giving a impression to prospective employer that, he is hiding or holding some information. Even during interview you may get exposed and embarrassed, reducing your chances of selection.
  • I suggest, you mention clearly in your Resume that, you are student of 2008 passed out batch, but cleared your final exam in January, 2009, due to backlog.

From India, Pune
vaidya.keshav

What do your write if asked which batch? Normally the study in college? you pass that year or next year or so is immaterial but 2008 pass out means when you left college is the meaning simple?
From India, Tirupati
svignan
@Vkokamthankar - Thank you for the suggestions. I have been doing some of what you suggested all the while. But will consider your other suggestions too.
@Vaidya - I understand. I just wanted a clarification as to where I belong(year of passing). Thank you for your help.
@all - Thank you everyone for your suggestions. I changed my year passing as all of you suggested & I was able to get a job in a software company as a BA fresher. Thanks again for you support.

From India, Hyderabad
vaibhav.saini2004
Hi All,
I am not sure if this discussion is still going on or its over but i came across this page and got to write something this may the answer to the thread or a question itself. But really needs your follow ups.
Actually, i am a 2010 batch passout (Let's say this), but have a back result pending for 3rd sem. Recently i cleared all the rounds of a MNC and got offer letter. But later they called me and canceled my offer because of my back and said that if your are getting your last result in 2011 then your year of passing is 2011 only. M confused. Please Help.
In anticipation of your reply,
Vaibhav Saini

From India, Chandigarh
vaidya.keshav

@vaibhav.saini2004
I furnish you below the rue of the first writer
...........I recently appeared for a software company which wanted 2009 pass-out candidates. I thought I was technically eligible(because I passed out in Jan, 2009) but later after clearing all technical rounds, the HR said I cannot be considered as 2009 but 2008 pass out...............
but your rue is quiet contrast to the above but what I said is ipso facto the truth
put it other way round I ask you upon finding your class mate and ask you who he is what will be your answer?
Like that in your case if the pass out of 2011 is found and question you what will you answer? your class mate or junior? then where is the confusion? when you adduced all the flash copies and yet after selection and recalled the same by MNC they are at not on right side and when the fact being so having not joined in such MNC it is onroad for good for you

From India, Tirupati
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.