No Tags Found!

rajkumar1981

Dear shailendra, sudirman, reena and all,

I read all the materials of Johari Window, posted here. I need a few clarifications regarding this. Please help me to solve it.

1. Where to apply this model? Every company has learned managers and experienced (but less/il-literate) workers. Should we apply this model only to learned persons or to any? This question may seem silly, because I experienced one such situation in getting TNA from those experienced workers. No one supported. All said that they know everything and hence no need training. I haven't got a single need from them. So only I ask whether this model can be applied to workers? If yes, how to start if the condition is like what i faced for getting TNA?

2. Feedback solicitation - Can it be regarding a person's personal traits? For Eg. Suppose that one of the team members is given a job. He is efficient person. But due to some reasonless reasons, he is procrastinating the job. In such situations, can we give the right feedback to him? Because he is capable and even will finish the job in the 11th hour. But the person who gave the job to him will be frightening whether he will finish it or not. So, IN SUCH CASES, CAN WE GIVE A NEGATIVE (WHICH IS TRUE) FEEDBACK TO HIM?

Thanks with cheers

Rajkumar :D

From Vietnam, Long Xuyên
rajkumar1981

Friends,
Can anyone give some real time examples of the four quadrants of the Johari Window?
For eg, the color of our hair falls under the ARENA quadrant. The pain of a wound in our hand falls under the FACADE quadrant. Like this.... Industrial personnel's examples.
Cheers
:D

From Vietnam, Long Xuyên
shailendra_deshpande

Dear Rajkumar,

Considering my experience in this field, my observations / suggestions about your post are as under: - :arrow:

Point 1: - Most of the people are afraid to expose themselves to others. Also Johari window or competency mapping or any other else can be best suitable for matured people and not necessary to all whoever is experienced or educated. Even people who show enthusiasm to change and personal development, do wish that the concept under implementation shall be used for someone else (mostly their BOSS) first and then used for them.

I have seen the first comment of workers or even engineers is that “I know this, but it is useful for Mr. XX” (Mostly immediate supervisor). It is not necessary to take TNA for every individual employee unless the training programs demands for it.

Point 2: - Most of people are under impression that they are giving positive or negative feedback. But I DO NOT BELIEVE IN IT, ACCORDING TO ME, THERE IS NO SUCH POSITIVE OR NEGATIVE FEEDBACK PROCESS. :shock: :shock: :shock:

It is in our mind that if we are giving some good news or compliment, we are giving positive feedback. And if we are calling employee for some isolated room for serious discussions then we are giving negative feedback.

In the example given by, if the manager or HR ~ representative believes that they are going to negative feedback, then certainly they exhibit seriousness IN THEIR ‘WALK AND TALK’ and ultimately ask the person to defend himself and behave adamantly. The manager has to open ‘hidden’ window and tell the employee what he is going to miss in future if he continues to behave like this way. It totally depends on communication and presentation skills of manager. :twisted:

Hope this will at least resolve some problems… :roll:

Feel free to contact for further queries… :roll:

I do not know anything about your second post about specific industrial personnel example, BUT if you have / get something on it, requesting you forward it to me also.

Regards,

Shailendra

From India, Pune
divyak7
hi friends,
you can check out this link to create your own johari window.
http://kevan.org/johari

rajkumar1981

Dear Shailendra,
Thanks for ur suggestions. As said by you, there is nothing called positive feedback or negative feedback. All depends on the view in which we perceive. Even a negative feedback can be explained as if it is a positive one. Thanks again.
Today I presented to my fellow colleagues about JW and everyone was interested to use this model. But some of the managers in their 50s are irresponsible in their works, as they are seniors. So if their blind spot is to revealed by some other colleagues, they fear that they will be punished indirectly. How to solve this? Any idea?
Regarding the real time examples of JW, if I get any materials, I'l post in the forum so that everyone is benefited.
Divya,
Thanks for ur inputs.
Cheers
:D

From Vietnam, Long Xuyên
shailendra_deshpande

Dear Rajkumar,

Basic tips regarding your problem I am giving herewith for your use...

Such problems are faced by most of the organizations. One or two such kind of people do present in it. In my organization also we faced these problem not for one but for 5 people. Then we never started appreciating those people immediately. Our steps are as follows: -

1. We started interaction for 5 to 20 minutes everyday regarding their WORK / JOB.

2. Then slowly started the subjects which they liked the most (for e.g their hobbies, subjects related to their work (finance subjects for finance people), etc.) Once this sharing of information starts then those people also become slightly interested in communication process. Also these people acknowledged that others from same Organization have information too. It helps HR dept for build rapport with them and they also realize that HR also think in same lines.

3. The slowly we started sharing information about family background.

4. Then we started giving complements (don't misunderstood this with recognition) about their WORK / JOB (and not about their hobbies) THIS IS VERY CRUCIAL STEP. BE CAREFUL AT THIS LEVEL.

5. Afterwards we started calling these people for weekly social gathering. Since every Saturday we spend min. 1 hour with all our employees.

6. After checking their interest and attendance in such meeting we started giving Appreciation in these programs for their work related habits. For e.g. they used to come on time, then we gave them Most punctual awards.

7. After these they also become more interested and started asking questions to us about other GOOD employees. They also participated their presentations in weekly meetings. The Communication flows became reverse.

8. Seeing their interest, attendance, enthusiasm for a period of 1 year, we gave them Recognition for work and HOBBIES also.

Hope this process helps... Let me know if you planning for it and further guidance is required.

Regards,

Shailendra

From India, Pune
divyak7
dear shailendra,
you can select upto six personality trait and save it.. you would get a link which u can circulate to ur friends. ur friends can choose most appropriate personality traits which they feel would describe you. you can then go and check out with the link all the four panes of ur johari .. :)

Dr. Kavita Shanmughan

Hope the tool is helpful to all. it is designed fresh and needs some modification and of course validation too.
I have created the tool for shopfloor people and hence activity would be to that level.
I would appreciate if you can give me the feedback on the tool.
Regards
Dr.Kavita Shanmughan

From India, Madras
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: doc final exercise-team building.doc (47.0 KB, 291 views)

rsingh_54
i wish to have ppt presentation slides on " johariwindow and also transactional analysis" at the earliest. plz send these ppt slides to my mail : dr.singh_4 @yahoo.com [IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/family/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/IMG]at ur earliest
From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.