CareerHR
HiShweta,
I do agree with all the answers mentioned above. Leave period is generally a calendar year and for new joinees in mid of the year,leave calculation is on proportionate basis.balance leaves upto a certain limit are carried forward to next year and have to be utlised upto the end of first quarter,after which they lapse.
Regards,
Sumeet

From India, Mumbai
nitikasingh82
hi Jayshri,
M Nitika,I've joined as HR Manager in ORIENT CRAFT INFRASTRUCTURES LTD.(gurgaon).....It comes under SEZ in haryana. I have to lay down certain policies here regarding the leaves, payment of bonus, dress code,welfare policies,Salary break up & LTA etc.......I just wanted to know actually the latest amendments done in the acts related to these all ...... especially the statuary rules related to Priviliged leave,casual leave,Sick leave.......According to me PL should be 18.25,CL =7,SL=14 Which is according to punjab industrial estabilishment act,1966(which is being followed in haryana also )....along with the reasons and the details of bonus act with the latest amendments asap
Thanks
Nitika

From India, Gurgaon
aayasha.khan@gmail.com
Hii All,
Just goin thru the net came across this wonderful site soo very helpful for H.R Proffesionals ......... hence i Joined it immediately ..... well brief introdctn abt me I am an h.r proffesional working in mumbai......... says...... hellooooo 2 all the members...
Cheers,
Aayasha.

From India, Pune
gmaheshwari20@gmail.com
Hi Shweta
Leaves structure is defined by the Company and can vary from one company to another.
In some companies, Company year statrs from July to June, while in some Jan To Dec.
So, first tell about your company calender year Because in some companies total leaves in a year are 30 so 2.5 leave per month and itz again depends upon the company policy due to till the probation period (Six Month) you can get 7 leaves only.

From India, Delhi
ttripathiy

Hi All,
accordring the to you ,you have 10 CL & 6 SL
for CL & SL if take calender year from Jan to DEC
on 1st Jan employee should have 1 sl and 1 cl in his/her account then for CL ,After every 36th day leaves are getting credited to the employees account & for SL after 2 months 1 SL is crited in employees account.
Reason why we are giving 1 SL & 1 cl on1st jan not after completing 36 or 40 days is employee will not be able to take 6 SL & 10 CL because both them will fall on 31st DEC.
Hope this will help

From India, New Delhi
vsure

Hi Shwetha Normally the Leave period is for Calendar Year. The employee will get the proportionate leaves to that year, whenever he / she joins. Suresh
From India, Hyderabad
Deepa N.T
my company is following the leave rules as -
PL - 16
CL - 7
SL - 7
non of the above is given unless completing the probation period of 6 months. Is is correct?
can anyone give me the complete leave rules in editable format? my company is a Limited Organization

From India, Mumbai
falcon
Hi,
Hope jayashri's solution will remove your confusion. Calendar Year (Jan to Dec) is a general thumb rule for leave calculation.
The rules governing CL & SL varies from company to company. From the above suggesstions you can put a leave policy in place which would suit your company.
Regards,
Falcon.

From India, Madras
SUBODH KUMAR KASHYAP
Dear Shweta,
I am working as a Personal Manager at New delhi. I have worked for Delhi & Gurgaon company.
We allot CL & EL AS PER GOVT. RULES PER YEARLY BASIS
CL = TOTAL WORKING DAYS PER YEAR / 45 DAYS
300 DAYS DIVIDED BY 45 DAYS = 7 DAYS
EL = TOTAL WORKING DAYS PER YEAR / 20 DAYS
300 DAYS DIVIDED BY 20 DAYS = 15 DAYS
IF ANY EMPLOYEE JOINS ON JULY THAN CALCULATION CAN BE TAKEN
AS
TOTAL DAYS DIVIDED BY 12 MONTHS
300 / 12 = 25 DAYS
25 DAYS * (12-6 ) = 150 DAYS
WE WILL ISSUE CL & EL
CL= 150/45=3.5 DAYS
EL= 150/20=7.5 DAYS
PLEASE NOTE THAT HOLIDAYS LEAVES ISSUED ON WORKING DAYS ONLY
EXAMPLE :
MONTH WORKING DAYS
JULY 24 DAYS
AUGUST 25 DAYS
SEP 20 DAYS
OCT 10 DAYS
TOTAL 79 DAYS
WE CAN ISSUE
CL = 79/45= 1.5 DAYS
EL = 79/20= 4 DAYS
TOTAL CL & EL OF 5.5 DAYS LEAVE CAN BE GIVEN
THANS
SUBODH KUMAR KASHAYP
9 8 7 1 9 7 1 1 0 7

From India, Delhi
kdrohit

Dear All. I agree with the calculation of Jayashri. It should be proportionately from his/ her date of joining. Regards, KD ROhit +9974952235
From India, Visnagar
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.