ksakthiv
"If you had free time in office, how would you spend it?" May be he expected you to help other projects who struggles with delivery schedule .

nelson25

Dear All,

Most of the times tough questions will come from the employer to analyse the inner skills of the employee. For a change or challenge to the Applicants, some companies conduct the stress interview. It is nothing but checking the patience of the individual by making the person to wait in the reception for a long time...

By the mean time the HR will moniter the reactions and activites (through reception camera) of the person if he/she is idle, because the real character of the person comes out when he/ she is idle.

Corporate HR's observed that number of candidates were using their Cell phones,sending SMS, playing cell phone games, Making calls or taliking/ commanding about the company, often asking the receptionist about the interview shedule and some people looking the watch or wall clock with bad face reactions/ body language.

These kind of actions are really reveling the candidate is not possess the quality of patience and the person's attitude is also not good..

At these kind of situations, a perfect professional need to sit patiently with plesent smile on the face or look around the office atmosphere normally or read the dailies/ magazines in the reception. These people are liked by the corporates and they may suitable for to analyse a problem and wait for the solution with patience.

Regards,

Nelson Richard Kumar.S

Chennai.

From India, Bangalore
agarwalneha.02
hey shikha.. as per your question....
i guess if i would have been there..
i would have answered .. that i would finish my pending work.. if any.. and then would go for chilling... ex. talk to people in various departments.. would have tried to be good frens with them.. so that on my part i can ensure that good environment is building on... within the organisation..
thanks..
Neha

From India, Pune
kumarsuresh.2010
if the projects is related with our dept., either related with my juniors or, seniors, i’ll definately try to shortout that.

mukundan thottekkat

Hi!

Can anybody help me? This was happended in one of the MNC company where I was working as an Executive-HR. One day as per the insutction from HR manager I have arranged a vehicle for our finance manager for his late stay at office. the driver of the vehicle was not reported due some problem and next day the HR manager called me and without discussing with me he came to beat me and told me to through me from the 9th floor of the building. i immediately made a letter to MD and asked him to take urgent action in this matter. the MD forwarded my letter to Corporate Head and he was very close to HR Manager and instead of taking action against him he transfered me to Delhi from Ahmedabad. When they made the transfer I requested to the Corporate Head for 3 months from extention but he refused and asked me to report at Delhi immediately. at that time i was studying EDP course HR (Sunday Class). After that I could not concentrate my study and i was under pressure i left that company after serving 14 years.

i need your suggestion regarding my above quiry and how can i fight with that HR manager by legally.

regards/tm

From India, Ahmadabad
Ash Mathew

Am I to understand that the HR manager came to hit you, and push you from the 9th floor?

Its a murder attempt dear ... however - this happened long back I guess. You should have immediately requested for help from citehr or atleast reacted when you were transferred and not given sufficient tiem for tranfer.

You say you served there for 14 years? or 14 months? Clarify please.

You were silent for a while I believe. You quit by yourself because of all this pressure - what proofs exist that the HR manager was at mistake.

Dont think about legal issues for now, try to remove all those distractions from your mind. You have a future - you will have to look for a better opportunity. When you keep worrying about what happened in teh past - your whole life will be wasted about think the "past". look at the future. Grow well career wise...lets hope one day you have a chance to meet this HR manager who treated you so bad - and you can take revenge in teh form of "Letting him know how better well off you are" :-)

Good Luck!

From India, Madras
chum

Hi Ash and other frz.....
Lost from this thread..........back again.....
Can u plz answer my question, which I have faced...
Tell me the problem, which u hav faced?, wat are the means carried by u to solve it? and wat is the outcome?
I have managed n answered. But the interviewer triggered another question and which was;
wat type of interview question is this??

From India, Mangaluru
Ash Mathew

I think its Behavioral type of interview. Kindly go through this link to learn about types of interviews:
Types of Interviews

From India, Madras
chum

Hi Asha,
Yeah, evn I had answered the same. But, he said, it is TARGET INTERVIEW. Any wayz it was a good experience.
Another question was;
How do you communicate to a group (employees), whr the group comprises of different levels and how vl u confront the reaction frm the group for ur communication?
throw some light..........

From India, Mangaluru
Bhavit_star
Hello Shikha
Well,the best answer would be in my free time when there is no work you need to specify your hobbies.i.e. reading book,listening music. Because HR expect this kind of answer rather than the answer that you have given because being an HR i have conducted so many interviews but every people answer is like yours while in company they are differ.so,almost all the HR neglect this kind of answers.

From India, Vadodara
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.