ajsahib

Dear Friends,
My views to the group for above query is as follows.
Recently while doing the calculation of OT I was in a fix. Because some industries calculate on the basis of 26 days of wages while some calculate on 30 days wages.(Basic+DA/26or30dys/8*2*no.of Hrs of OT).
In case of 26 days the 4 W.Off's are excluded. & in case of 30 days salary is paid inclusive of 4 w.off's. So when somebody takes leave & if his salary is calculated on 30 days then W.Off's are also condidered for computation purpose.But again some companies who are paying on 30 days method of monthly salary do not include the Weekly Off's.
Regards,

From India, Mumbai
samanaveenkumar

Hii All, If any week off is being in between leaves then its also counted as leave as u asked leave-sunday-leave then its 3 leaves If leave-holiday-leave then its only 2 days naveen
From India
nilendrachand

Dear Naveen, your case is true only for CL and SL. In case of PL or EL, it cannot be clubbed with any holiday/weekly off. For more details pl refer to leave provisions of Factories Act and see the explanation 2 in it.
Regards,
Nilendra

Kishore J Rathod
Dear All,
My name is Kishore Rathod from Mumbai. I work in pvt.firm as an HR Asst - Marketing.
Every month i have to give the salary status of 150 all india field staff to the acct. dept. for preparing their salary cheque. while preparing the statement i alway face problem of leave (PL,SL,CL and LWP) and it takes more time then expected. Please give me more idea to smooth my working in relating to LEAVE. And how to work in Excel worksheet for tracing leave balance and when to inform the acct.dept for leave encashment. And also what is the importance of leave application when not received in time and marking his leave on base of his work report received.
Thanks
Kishore
[/img]

From India, Pune
Sujata.C

hi,
As far as the leave policy is concerned I am also facing problems in my company.
As per the company norm,the employees who started their leave one day prior to holidays and continuing it for two more days after holidays,then the holiday is indluded in the leave only..........................is it right way to calculate the leave?????????????/
Ex:1 day Leave-------------2 days holiday--------sunday-------2 days leave
How many leaves should be counted in this case?????????
Thanks,
Sujata.

From India, New Delhi
akshita_ashu

Hi 2 All Members!!!!!!! :lol:
Well i think every orgn has some leave policy according 2 which they have CL, SL and PL or EL. and the number of these leaves also depends on each orgns HR policy.Like in my orgn which is Telecommunication company we have Leave Policy of like:
SL:10, CL:7, PL:20.
So in our orgn we consider all leave including sunday as leave only in case of sick leave.like eg. leave taken, leave(sun), next day leave taken. than 3 days leve will be counted if person has taken sick leave only in that case it will be counted otherwise not whether in between holidays its taken .prefix and suffix is counted only for Sick Leave.

From India, Chandigarh
Sujata.C

hi,
In my company we have 12Cl,8gazetted Holidays and 2 restricted holidays.
So in case an employee starts his/her leave on day before 2 gazetted holidays and then continue his leave for next 2 days.......vat will be the no. of leaves????
Leave------------2 gazetted holidays------------sunday----------2 leaves

From India, New Delhi
rvshenvi

Hellow Nilendra is correct. Sunday/ Paid holiday will counted as leave days in case those coming in between of PL/EL Casual Leave is other wise. Regards and best wishes RV Shenvi
From India
santhy
Dear 1. Leave Sunday Leave ( Sunday is calculated as a leave) 2. Leave Holiday Leave ( Holiday is not calculated as a leave only 2days) Shanthi

Samrodha Shetye
Dear All,
Just to add is that, Leave Policy vary from company to company.
In my company we didnt club leave for the employees, who have completed there 1 year. This is for the motivational & retention part.
But if the employees, who have not completed 1 year has the follwing critria;
Leave_____Sunday_____Leave - In this case sunday is also counted as leave.
Will be awaiting for the views.............
Thanks,
Samrodha

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.