No Tags Found!

madabhavi.aravind@gmail.com

Thanks Mr. Arun Rao for the attachments. Now the PPT can be very well appreciated. With these attachments, the PPT is complete and gives inputs to most of the sales guys!! Regards,
From India, Mumbai
Sowmini

Dear Mr. Arun Rao
Good one. Foot notes will guide us to understand and use the presentation better.
Thanks for your wonderful contribution.
I am posting here the content of book suggested by you, "Getting to Yes" for the benefit of all who would like to use this presentation.
Thanks and Regards
Sowmini.

From India, Madras
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: pdf Getting to Yes.pdf (924.1 KB, 494 views)

faheem.sait

Hey Arun
I went through the PPT and your website, both are impressive.
I work as a consultant and I do a lot of independent trainings for companies, few of my popular trainings are: Corporate alignment, Excellence in communication and leadership, PDP and more... Let me know if I can share my work with you if required.
Regards
Mohammed Faheem
When I is replaced with WE, I'llness becomes Wellness.

From India, Chennai
V.Raghunathan

Mr Arun Rao

It is an excellent presentation and the quality of footnotes add to the value of the presentation.

Theodore Roosevelt and George Perkins anecdote is remarkable.

Considering that it all happened a hundred years ago, make us salute

George Perkins for his ingenious way of looking at the problem.

In modern management parlance he converted the CHALLENGE to an OPPORTUNITY.

A unique case of buyer becoming a successful seller!!!!

Simply astounding.

Emotions do play a part in negotiations and it is handled well.

The LAS and MSP are seen from both the parties from their own perspective initially.

Thinking from the other side makes a lot of sense and does not limit us to taking a position.

The virtues of not taking a position is well explained.

I would like to add my thoughts as under.

PREPARATION - OWN WORKING

In an actual negotiation process there are many things involved.

Let us take the example of an Industrial Purchase.

In an Industrial Purchase from the point of view of buyer he has to freeze his technical and commercial

aspects before the talk on final price negotiation takes place.

If it is not dealt in three distinct phases of Technical, Commercial and Price there would be chaos.

Looking at the same scenario from the point of view of Seller, he should have done a thorough

analysis of his costing, his margins, his sales target for the quarter/ year etc.

PREPARATION - KNOW THE OTHER PARTY

The buyer should find out by his own estimations whether seller has sold similar item

at what price, a guess work of his costing, his current sales order level, whether his purchase will

be a fore runner for many other companies in his group etc.

The seller on his part should find out whether buyer has options from other suppliers,

time / dead line compulsion, potential future sales with the same buyer etc.

Similar preparation can be extended to other examples as well.

Tactics mentioned constitute a good revision.

In your future presentations you may like to touch upon the PREPARATION aspect also.

Thanks for your lovely presentation.

V.Raghunathan……………………………………….. Navi Mumbai

From India
wehbe
TIt is a fruitful ppt. It is wonderful. I could not access the 3 word files embedded in the presentations - (i) Questions for self-assessment (ii) Answers for self assessment and (iii)Tough customer exercise. If possible for you, please share it.
Regards
Hussein Wehbe

From United Arab Emirates, Abu Dhabi
arunrao1

Hi Guys - for those of you requesting for the word documents, please see the message trail - I have posted it seperately there. Thanks all for your generous comments too. Arun
From India, New Delhi
madabhavi.aravind@gmail.com

Hi Raghunathan!
You have nicely analysed the process of negotiation. The Preparation in case of Industrial Buying/ Selling situation, the home work is the basic need. Quote:"The seller on his part should find out whether buyer has options from other suppliers,time / dead line compulsion, potential future sales with the same buyer etc." Unquote: This activity is also known as " commerical intelligence or market intelligence". without this, we cannot sail smooth to strike a sucessfull deal.
I hope you agree.
with regards,

From India, Mumbai
kulkarniubi
exemplary one! highly useful for 2 to 3- hour module on negotiation skills.
From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ฎ

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.