1stJan of the following year to 30th June
Contribution Period:
1st Oct to 31st March
Benefit period
1stJuly to 31st Dec of the year following

From India, Madras
p ramachandran

Dear Pavani,
If your establishment is covered under ESI Act and your contractors staff are not under ESIc,payment made to them is coverable under esi at the time of inspection. To avoid this, you can get covered the employees of contractors alongwith your employees and deduct the esi contributions (both employee and employer) from the contractors.

From India, Madras
sharu1234567
Sir, Please clearly explain me about salry structure.(basic,da and allowences ,pf ,esi etc and thier %) I am waiting for ur reply sir.
From India, Mangaluru
Ajay Shukla

Dear Pavani,
Every establishment has to get the registration from labour office for employing 20 or above employees through contractor(s) under contract labour(R & A )Act.
Therefore, you have to take regisration from labour office, althrough your contractor(s) are not liable to get the license under the act as their strength are below 20.
Regards,
Ajay Shukla
Labour Law Consultant, Kanpur

From India, Calcutta
kumarajay
Dear all,
How it may be possible, because, according to ESIC Act after 10k employee will be exampted the contribution. So, my opinion is that there is no need of contribuion till the september.
Regards,
AJAY KUMAR

From India, Delhi
Ria Thomas

Thanks Mr. Ramchandran for defining the benefit period and contribution period. I have a case where an employee had been transferred to a metro where he was out of ESI and came to ESI scope in the mont of April under the previous ESI ID Card No. and later on moved to another company where he s cont. to be under ESI but under different establishment code. He met with an accident in the due course. Would like to whether he is eligible for both Medical and Sickness Benefit during the period (May - Sept).Pls. help
From India, Kochi
ramnathmsw1976

Thank you Mr Vasant..
but i am not fully satisfied bcoz we issue a ESI card to employee. & i thig we hav 2 submit any forms for the cancellation of that card...plz clarify if anybody hav particularly dealt with this...
regards,
Ramnath

From India, Bangalore
p ramachandran

Dear Ria thomas,
In your specified case, the employee cannot avail benefit from the old card,as he is employed in another company - but if he is not working anywhere,he can avail the benefit. Since the specified employee is having ESI facility in the new company also, he can avail all the benefits from the new company esi number. for this,since it is an accident, the new company HR dept. can get the ESI card immediately on furnishing declaration form, accident report etc., by directly approaching the esi Local office. The he, the employee, can avail all such benefits. I have experienced such situation for my employee and did similarly.

From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.