No Tags Found!

Anonymous
Hello dear senior members,
I'm working in a small IT company having staff around 15 as an HR executive and I'm the only HR here.
I'm facing a problem related to workplace romance (IDK whether this is a right word for the situation).
A girl and a boy working in the same department started getting close to each other. They both are engaged (not with each other). Once in an hour they go to each others place, chit-chat for 2-5 minutes, hold hands, caress cheeks etc..
The problem is that it may distract others and also lowers the productivity of both of them since they both keep looking for a chance to reach to each other.
Please share your advice on whether it will be good to talk directly to both of them by any of the managerial person. Kindly note that we can not terminate either of them as they both are very important and handling major client's work.
Please share your suggestions on what actions could be taken apart from a warning.
TIA

From India, Delhi
Venkata Vamsi Krishna Patnaik

Hi TIA,
This is a sensitive issue,but serious one.
You can talk to them in person to avoid these disturbing acts in the office, as it would be ideal to work during working hours and not deviate the protocols of office/ office atmosphere.
They should be told clearly that they can do what ever they like after work hours. If they do not heed then speak to their reporting boss. You can even speak to the boss to change their work allocations/shifts (if available) to change the scenario.

From India, Hyderabad
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.