No Tags Found!

VanithaV
Dear All, Can we send official mails on a holiday or if the recipient is on leave. Please advice. Regards, VV
From India, Bangalore
tajsateesh

Hello Vanitha,
In addition to what Sharmila Das mentioned, it also depends on the sector you are in--in general, official mails on holidays are OK in IT companies. But in other sectors, it depends on other factors like Sharmila Das mentioned--though this DOESN'T mean that they are an absolute NO.
Rgds,
TS

From India, Hyderabad
VanithaV
Hi Mr.TS/Ms.Sharmila,
I'm working in a private insurance sector. The mail which i intended was an official and a regular mail seeking some sort of confirmations from the receipient. That day it was declared a holiday for that particular branch, i just thought not to keep hold the message and also when we are getting numerous mails flowing in and out i feel it is better to complete the task as and when it comes. Is there anything wrong in it?
i was asked by my senior that it is not appropriate to send mails on holidays or the person is on leave which i feel is not Okay.. Pls advise..
Finally,sorry for the delayed reply..
Regards,
Vanitha

From India, Bangalore
tajsateesh

Hello Vanitha,
Like the saying goes: The Boss is always Right :-)
However, one reason why it's not advised to send official mails on holidays is this: Human psychology leads to focus more on the 'present'. Usually most people focus on the mails of TODAY before going thru the earlier day's mails--unless there was something important expected. This could be one reason for your boss's suggestion.
Rgds,
TS

From India, Hyderabad
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.