Discharge- separation on mutual understanding between employee & employer which is in line with the procedures of the organisation.
Dismissal- temporary removal of the person form the organisation as a punishment for his doing.
Hope this clears it all.
Dismissial is termination of service as a disciplinary action taken by management against a delinquent. Dismissial is permanent in nature unless the matter goes to court and the decision goes in favour of employee and is reinstated in the company.
Discharge is end of service contract with mutual understanding.
Adding to our friends Points.
I CAN SAY LIKE THIS.
1. Termination : This is done during the Training / Probation Period of any employee. That means we have to specify the Appointment order that we may terminate their services if the performance of the employee is not satisfied.
2. Discharge : After getting confirmation if any employee done a misconduct, if it is proved by the enquiry officer after having conducted enquiry we can discharge the employee from the services of the company.
For this we have to give all the benefits to the employee like PF & Gratuiry.
3. Dismissal : This a capital punishment giving to any employee of the organization after having conducted enquiry. For this punishment employer need not give gratuity to the employee. Since it is a capital punishment.
Termination is simply end of contract of service. It can be of any type, namely:
Retrenchment, Discharge, Dismissal, End of fixed term contract etc. It is negative if inflicted as a punishment.
Dismissal is a termination which is inflicted as a punishment on the delinquent.
Discharge is termination of sevice mainly on medical grounds like continued ill health, partial/total permanent disablement and cases like that.
Deas NS once again your difinition is not correct. Termination can be at any stage (Training/Probation/Confirmation). Tremination as stated above is a broad term in which all the types of service ending terms come in.
Dismissal caused for misconduct. Which are like as follows:
• Habitual late attendance in office.
• Absence for work without permission or getting leave granted.
• Misbehavior with colleagues, superior officers or clients.
• Moral turpitude.
• Accepting any employment under any person or organization with or without remuneration.
• Fraud, misuse and defalcation of fund, material and equipment belonging to the company.
• Accepting bribes, material or financial benefits from any employee or client of the Company.
• Unauthorized divulgation of any information regarding operation of the Company to any organization or persons including clients.
• Any other conduct unbecoming of Company official act or a person.
Please see the following terminology,
Discharge- It’s the term used to see the methodology of an employee serving his duties and responsibilities.
E.g.; - If appointed, I shall discharge my duties effectively & in efficient manner to the benevolence of the Corporation.
Dismissal – It’s an authoritative action exercised by Management to relinquish an employee for vital reasons involving breach of business confidentiality, illegitimate conduct against the Organization & Community and participation in any such act of individual or group which is outlawed or impacting the credibility of the Organization & Community. Employee is entitled for benefits in this case.
E.g.: - Based on the above reasons or findings or conclusions, you are dismissed from our services with immediate effect & be advised that to collect all dues (if any) in favor of you from our Finance Dept. as on today.
Termination - Again it’s an authoritative action exercised by Management in Human Resources, in which an action form for Personnel Dept. is notified either to release him at the end of his service contract or as disciplinary action against him for any misconduct at workplace, accommodation & misbehavior or disobedience against senior staff, involvement in illegal act or breach of any local custom…etc. Employee is entitled for benefits in this case, otherwise decided by Management for any fiscal frauds & accepted by employee.
1. Owing to surplus manpower deployed for our Project which is nearing to completion; your services are hereby terminated and advise you to approach the Accounts Dept. to receive your dues as of today.
2. Owing to incident reported in which your action is evident of the breach of code & conduct for the employees to observe while on or off duty or in workplace or accommodation; your services are terminated with immediate effect. You are further directed to comply with exit clearance.
Pl understand that termination is not a perticular way of ending service contract of any kind.
All means by which a service contract comes to an end is termination. For example: Discharge, Dismissial, Retenchment, End of fixed term contract, Non renewal of contract etc. All these are termed as termination. Termination is not always negetive. If it is inflicted as a punishment its negetive else not.
Raja, taking your example i would say this way, in the first example service came to an end due to non renewal of contract and in the second example service came to an end due to dismissial.
Hence, termination in itself is not a mean by which service contarct ends.
Termination is a very wide term. When the relation of a master & servant ceases to exist , it is known as termination of service. The reasons for it may be -- resignation, dismissal , discharge , superannuation, retirement .
It mainly focus on the relation of master & servant.
Hope this will help you in understnading the term termination.
Why Vote? User validation is extremely important for good content to prosper.