Cite-Write Started The Discussion:
NEED FOR HUMAN RESOURCE PLANNING
Every organization has to plan for Human resource due to:
1. The shortage of certain categories of employees and/or variety of skills despite the problem of unemployment.
2. The rapid changes in technology , marketing, management etc., and the consequent need for new skills and new categories of employees.
3. The changes in organization design and structure affecting manpower demand.
4. The demographic changes like the changing profile of the workforce in terms of age, sex ,education etc.
5. The Government policies in respect to reservation ,child labor, working conditions etc.
6. The labor laws affecting the demand for and supply of labor.
7. Pressure from trade unions, politicians ,sons of the soil etc.
8. Introduction of lead time in manning the job with most suitable candidate.
Benefits of Human Resource Planning
Human Resources Planning (HRP) anticipates not only the required kind and number of employees but also determine the action plan for all the functions of personnel management .The major benefits of Human resource planning are:
1. It checks the corporate plan of the organization
2. It offsets uncertainly and change .But the HRP offsets uncertainties and changes bto the maximum extent possible and enables the organization yo have right men at right time and in right place.
3. It provides scope for advancement and development of employees through training, development etc.
4. It helps to anticipate the cost of salary enhancement, better benefits etc.
5. It helps to anticipate the cost of salary , benefits and all the cost of human resources facilitating the formulation of budgets in an organization.
6. To foresee the need for redundancy and plan to check it or to provide alternative employment in consultation with trade unions, other organizations and government through remodeling organizational, industrial and economic plans.
7. To foresee the changes in values, aptitude and attitude of human resources and to change the techniques of interpersonal ,management etc.
8. To plan for physical facilities, working conditions and the volume of fringe benefits like canteen, schools, hospitals, conveyance, child care centres. quarters, company stores etc.
9. It gives an idea of type of tests to be used and interview techniques in selection based on the level of skills ,qualifications, intelligence, values etc., of future human resources.
10. It causes the development of various sources of human resources to meet the organizational needs.
11. It helps to take steps to improve human resource contributions in the form of increased productivity ,sales turnover etc.
12. It facilities the control of all the functions, operations, contribution and cost of human resources.
Found This Useful? +Vote Up This Page Via Google.
Why Vote? User validation is extremely important for good content to prosper.
Disclaimer: This network and the advice provided in good faith by our members only facilitates as a direction towards the actions necessary. The advice should be validated by proper consultation with a certified professional. The network or the members providing advice cannot be held liable for any consequences, under any circumstances.
Explore Topical Knowledge Areas
Topic Categories >> child care fringe benefits future human resources human resource human resource planning human resources interview interview techniques labor laws lead time Location-India-New Delhi organization design personnel management trade unions working conditions Complete List Of Categories
Interesting Relevant Discussions