Employees have the right to receive claim settlement within 30 days for final settlement from date of claim submission. If your Provided information for Claim Form was wrong or incomplete the form will be back to you within 2-3 months. Otherwise You should place a Complain to your Local Employee's Provident Fund Officer.
A lot of people are suffering with their PF related woes owing to the attitude of employers as well as the PF Authorities. Mostly these delays are owing to the corruption. Although, the Government is doing its best to provide information to the employees in a better way, yet the means of the corrupt are stronger than the measures of the Government.
However, still, one can take some measures to get the information:
01. First you should directly ask your HR dept. to provide your PF Number, and other assistance that you require concerning your PF related issue.
02. However, if employer neglects your request, just approach Regional PF Office and consult EDP section. (You have to be smart and humble while requesting EDP section, just tell your company's Name, your name and your Account No., the person will verify your records through computer and will let you know the exact status as on date)
03. All of you seeking PF related help may use the following link which will take you to EPFO newly launched "Employees Provident Fund internet Grievance Management System (EPFiGMS) portal: EPFO or go to Home Page
This is the New service started by EPFO for online redressal of grievances of the members of EPFO and covers the following types of the queries:
1. Withdrawal/Final Settlement of PF (Form19/20/31/10C)
2. Transfer of PF Accumulations (Form 13)
3. Scheme Certificate (Form 10 C)
4. Settlement of Pension (Form 10 D)
5. Issue of PF Slip/PF Balance
6. Payment of Insurance Benefit (Form 5 IF)
7. Cheque Returned/Misplaced
8. Other (Not covered above)
I HAVE USED THIS FACILITY MYSELF AND I GOT THE ONLINE REPLY WITHIN 9 DAYS.
Please tell us your experience with the above so that the other members could be benefited accordingly.
04. Also see my blog at :
EPFiGMS – EPF i-GRIEVIENCE MAMAGEMENT SYSTEM - Blogs - RTI INDIA
Epfo has introduced the sms based communication platform - Blogs - RTI INDIA
Pf accounts idle for 36 months or more months to fetch no interest - Blogs - RTI INDIA
Alternatively you can file RTI Application with the Concerned RPFC and seek necessary information.
EPF claim forms can be downloaded from the website of EPFO or can be had from the nearest PF Office. These can also be obtained from the HR Wing of the estt. These are available free of cost.
As regards delay in settlement, EPFO is statutorily bound to settle or return the claim with in 30 days of its receipt failing which, one can seek compensation for deficiency in services through Consumer court.
It is advisable to always ensure that claim form is filled coorectly without any cuttings and with required information as per each coloumn of the form, duly attested by the competent authourity prescribed.
One must obtain the deposit receipt after submitting the claim form in the PF Office or with the employer,s office
Claim position/Status can be checked on website of EPFO.or on phone to PRO of concerned P F Office.
Oterwise also , now PF Deptt. has recently started intemating the member about his claim on SMS if given while submitting the claim form.
Why Vote? User validation is extremely important for good content to prosper.