CHR Started The Discussion:
Performance management is the process of creating a work environment or setting in which people are enabled to perform to the best of their abilities. Performance management is a whole work system that begins when a job is defined as needed. It ends when an employee leaves your organization. Many writers and consultants are using the term “performance management” as a substitution for the traditional appraisal system. I encourage you to think of the term in this broader work system context. A performance management system includes the following actions.
* Develop clear job descriptions.
* Select appropriate people with an appropriate selection process.
* Negotiate requirements and accomplishment-based performance standards, outcomes, and measures.
* Provide effective orientation, education, and training.
* Provide on-going coaching and feedback.
* Conduct quarterly performance development discussions.
* Design effective compensation and recognition systems that reward people for their contributions.
* Provide promotional/career development opportunities for staff.
* Assist with exit interviews to understand WHY valued employees leave the organization.
My company develops Performance Management Systems (PMS) for companies.
We have developed a system that is simple, user friendly, and applicable to all kinds of jobs, all types of business/ industry, and applicable in any part of the world. Its tool/ form is a ONE PAGE MATRIX that incorporates all the five (5) critical stages for implementation.
Our PMS is composed of three (3) parts, namely: concept, form (tool), and policy.
The five (5) integrated stages are: Performance Planning, Performance Review & Evaluation, Performance Conference & Feedback, Improvement & Development Planning, and Recognition, Rewards, & Sanctions.
Ed Llarena, Jr.
You can see same topic at the side bar of this site. You can find out some thing same your questions.
I sent some good materials to Tommy, pls read mail and give feedback.
Apart from that, you also ref more information at: Performance management books
Found This Useful? +Vote Up This Page Via Google.
Why Vote? User validation is extremely important for good content to prosper.
19057 views7 replies
Topic Categories >> career development Location-India-Gurgaon selection process management performance management system work environment appraisal system job descriptions performance management final project
Discuss problems with your peers without getting into personal specifics.
Access to years of discussion data available to everyone at no cost.