There are three ways to calculate the HRA :-
1. Actual HRA received
2. If you are living in metropolitan city, it should be 50% of basic, otherwise 40% of basic component of your salary
3. If you are paying rent & you have rent receipt, you should calculate "Rent paid-10% of basic"
Now, HRA Exemption = Minimum return from the above three way calculation.
I hope it will fulfill your query.
You can ask for a free Demo at Sensys Technologies, 022-66278601/02, they have a good payroll software which will take care every thing related to Payroll like payroll processing, PF, ESIC, MLWF, Income Tax etc. visit their website at http://www.sensysindia.com
Example : HRA Recd - Rs. 100/- Rent Paid By You (livinging in Delhi)- Rs. 150/- , Basic Salary-Rs. 250/-
Least of following 3 is exempted
1. Actual HRA Recd. Rs.100/-
2. Rent Paid-10 % of SAL* (Rs. 150-10%X Rs. 250) Rs. 125/-
3. 50% of SAL* (50% X Rs. 250 ) Rs. 1250/-
Above 3 Point No. 1 Rs. 100/- is least
Taxable HRA - Actual Recd. - Exempted (100-100=0)
Found This Useful? +Vote Up This Page Via Google.
Why Vote? User validation is extremely important for good content to prosper.
Disclaimer: This network and the advice provided in good faith by our members only facilitates as a direction towards the actions necessary. The advice should be validated by proper consultation with a certified professional. The network or the members providing advice cannot be held liable for any consequences, under any circumstances.
Explore Topical Knowledge Areas
Topic Categories >> income tax company policy payroll processing payroll software basic salary Location-India-Mumbai Complete List Of Categories
Interesting Relevant Discussions