cnyanyiwa Started The Discussion:
Can anyone help me to have a daily work plan because i feel some times i will spend time doing virtually nothing yet i have job description. Most of the duties in my job descriptions are not daily chores so there are monthly oriented. I am Human Resources Officer with one hundred employees.
I ought to be corrected.
Can u give some idea what kind of organisation u r working with.. It is different from manufacturing, corporate, service industry or other organisation. Your job profile will also help.
Some of the major qualities which an HR personnel must have are-
1. He or She must have good knowledge of HR Practices..
2. He must be simple and approachable to everybody
3. be co-operative
4. Don't have any ego
5. Have a good behavior with all employees
6. Well mannered
7. A good leading skills
8. be a good counselor
9. have working knowledge of Excel
10. Good knowledge of Legal aspects... and so on..
Some Major duties of HR personnel are-
Compensation & Benefits
Pay slip Distribution
Employee Information/ Skill Management
Exit Interviews & Process
Health & Safety
Duties/functions may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Manages and organizes multiple functional areas within Human Resources including providing technical direction to technical/professional and clerical staff within assigned areas.
• Consults with and advises administrators and employee representatives on personnel-related policies and procedures.
• Interprets and communicates laws and regulations to ensure the agency is aware of its legal responsibilities; in conjunction with the Legal Department
• Develops and implements personnel rules and regulations, and interprets and administers human resources-related provisions of collective bargaining agreements.
• Analyzes processes and procedures in assigned functional areas including conducting research and statistical analyses, and makes recommendations for improvement.
• Develops, implements, and administers, large and/or complex research studies or projects that may include the development and validation of selection instrumentation for a variety of classifications.
• Establishes collaborative relationships with various functional and departmental areas of the District.
• Trains and evaluates subordinates and prepares preliminary budget reports in assigned functional areas.
• Represents Human Resources Department at a variety of meetings and advises the Human Resources Director in alternative courses of action in Human Resources issues.
• Presents written and oral reports on a wide variety of human resources related issues.
• May participate in labor negotiations and/or recommend preliminary proposals including cost implementation projections.
• May be required to temporarily replace or act in the position of the senior District staff member to whom this position normally reports, and may be required to perform some or all of the senior staff member's essential functions in such situations.
Found This Useful? +Vote Up This Page Via Google.
Why Vote? User validation is extremely important for good content to prosper.
Explore Topical Knowledge Areas
Topic Categories >> collective bargaining job description job descriptions legal aspects Location-Zimbabwe daily work job profile Complete List Of Categories
Interesting Relevant Discussions