No Tags Found!

a-gupta1672191
I'm a proprietor with 30 or so employees in the IT sector. Most are first-year students who prepare HTML pages. They come and go and leave without notice.
Though they sign the "Joining Form" with all the rules and regulations of my small office, do I always need to resign them? Most of the time, I'm able to, but sometimes, no.
Also, am I mandated to pay a bonus of 8.33% to such ungrateful persons if they have worked more than 30 days?

From India, Meerut
Madhu.T.K

Retaining the employees is purely on your head and no law would say that an employee cannot leave an establishment. Even a notice period or notice pay from an employee's side is illegal. At the same time, if they demand bonus, you are bound to pay it. After all 30 days' attendance the bonus would also be very less.

In order to reduce attrition, I think you should take only those who have completed the course rather than taking first year students who will often find the jobs as a means to get some source of money depending upon their financial needs, to replenish the shortfall in pocket money or meeting the cost of gift to girl friend.

From India, Kannur
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.