No Tags Found!

vishnu-varadhan
My EPFO PF claim is rejected with the following two reasons:

1) Rate of contribution is higher than prescribed
2) Photocopy of bank passbook not attested by Authorised signatory

I am doing voulantary pf 2000 every month from past 1 and half years. Is this the reason for first point? What should I do to resolve this?

I have attached cancelled cheque with clear bank account number, Name and IFSC code, but not sure still why they have mentioned second reason? Can anyone pls carify?

From India, Bengaluru
Madhu.T.K

The reason is very simple, the EPF Organisation has become an organisation for the government and not for the employees. The basic objective of the EPF Organisation is to feed a number of employees who do not do any work for the members and the beneficiaries of the Fund.

When contribution at higher rate is paid by the employer, the EPFO has not objected because it is receipt of money, but when an employee withdraws the same, objection is raised. This is stupidity. An employee has the right to deposit any amount to the Fund. If it is not possible, the EPFO should have objected right when the amount is collected and not when the amount is withdrawn.

Second, it is a practice that whenever KYCs are uploaded the scanned copy is enough. An attestation by the employer or gazetted officer, MO, MLA etc was required in the last centaury. All the other departments have droped the attestation requirements but the EPFO needs it. Okay, get the cheque leaf attested by the employer. If you have left the employment or the employer is not traceable, get the cheque leaf attested by the manager of the Bank where the SB account is maintained. This is enough because no other person can attest your signature on a cheque leaf better than the Manager of the Bank.

Now you may write a letter addressing the Asst provident Fund Commissioner stating the facts:

1. You had opted for voluntary contribution and you have been paying to PF Rs 2000 since....
2. I have left the company on..... (it should be two months earlier date) and now I am not working anywhere. Therefore, I cannot get the cheque leaf attested by the employer, instead I have attested it from the bank where the SB account is maintained.

You can personally meet the Accounts Officer of the EPFO. remember that you will not get a warm welcome from the EPFO but can expect a very bad behavior only. They will try to avoid personal meeting, but you should demand a meeting with the Officer. It is pity that a PAN India organisation like EPFO is engaging the poorest employees in their front desk.

From India, Kannur
Arun.Marinor

Quote "The reason is very simple, the EPF Organisation has become an organisation for the government and not for the employees. The basic objective of the EPF Organisation is to feed a number of employees who do not do any work for the members and the beneficiaries of the Fund." Unquote .. Madhu Sir, 100% agree with you on this.

The list of grouse against EPFO are numerous
a) emails to EPFO are not replied to, even escalation to the highest level are not replied / acknowledged and goes un-actioned
b) Grievances are closed summarily without any resolution
c) Ack Cards of RPAD letters are not returned by EPFO
d) claims are rejected for the silliest reason "Father name mismatch" .. i do not understand how father's name should matter in case the beneficiary KYC are completed!!!
e) another common claim rejection reason that we experienced amongst our ex-employees is "Exit reason not available"... I don't understand how that is possible as we cannot exit an employee without giving a reason from the drop down menu!!!

Recently there was a news paper article which stated that PF rejection rates have gone up from 13% to 34% in last 5 years (link to the article: https://indianexpress.com/article/business/rejection-of-final-epf-claims-sees-surge-in-5-yrs-up-from-13-to-34-9177874/) . it appears rejection rate is now a KRA in PF!!!

My organisation is breaking our heads with EFPO for 10 cases including 2 death cases & 4 pension cases... it is frustrating and I feel helpless & sorry for the beneficiaries.

From India, Kochi
Madhu.T.K

Yes, the EPFO has a KRA and that is rejection of claims. In order to meet this KRA, they use their technical team and even the last grade staff. I know the Kochi RO of EPFO has a few last Grade servants sitting in the front desk! They will not allow the members and even the employers to meet the officers inside and clarify matters. The token system introduced was not regulate the visitors, and to an extent it is good, but they are misusing it. They do not know that it is the money taken from the members and the employers that the EPFO is managing their administration.
From India, Kannur
n-manikandan
The stupidity of PF Department is at its peak. One of my employee's UAN is reflecting as deactivated. The contribution is accepted on the same UAN for last two years. Grievances has been raised in portal and in regional office but no use. We have visited the Regional office in person and handed over the letter. They have just acknowledged and given us. There is no any action taken on that for months together. We have send many registered post to headoffice but we didnt receive any acknowledgement nor any action taken. As being the HR we are answerable to the employee. PF department is least bothered about the issue.
They are just finding reasons to reject the claims and to trouble the beneficiary

From India, Hyderabad
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.