umang-mathur
Hi All, Greetings!

Please let me know the rules of leave encashments. I have only two components in the Salary structure Basic+ HRA ( 60+40 ) %. Please help me ASAP.

Regards
Umang Mathur
HR & Admin Head
Shivam Exports

From India, Faridabad
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi,

The general practice among companies is to consider Basic+DA for PL/EL encashment.

But it should be on Gross earnings. When an employee proceed on leave he /she is paid full salary with leave not basic+DA only. Hence encashment should be on Gross earnings of the Employee.

From India, Madras
pasupathi.uma25@gmail.com

I also endorse the views of Sri Lakshmi Narayanan It is logical
From India, Chennai
ashok pal

You have only two components in the Salary structure Basic+ HRA ( 60+40 ) %. If an Employee takes leave, he gets full benefit, means full salary, if leave is available in his account. HRA need not include in leave encashment . HRA is given for whole month or NIL. It can not be given partial amount . To compassionate HRA you give 40% of basic. SO Leave encashment may be given like this.
=((basic pay* No of Leave days)/no of month days) (like 30, 31)

From India, Indore
PALANISANJAY

Basic Allowance and Dearness Allowance is sufficient to pay the Leave Encashment.

nanu1953

HRA as per normal meaning is House Rent Allowance. There are employees in organizations who have their own residence and they are also enjoying HRA as a monthly gross components. Instead of HRA if the name of the pocket is CCA, Spl. Allowance, Medical allowance, Travel Allowance etc. , then in case of leave encashment it will be considered.

If HRA is paid only to those employees those who are staying in rental house, then all the logics are correct. But in this case it is universally paid to all employees.

To my opinion leave encashment should be paid on the basis of both Basic & HRA.

S K Bandyopadhyay ( WB, Howrah)
CEO-USD HR Solutions
+91 98310 81531
skb@usdhrs.in

From India, New Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.