No Tags Found!

Anonymous
Hello community,

I'm currently facing a significant career decision and would greatly appreciate your insights. I've recently received a job offer from IBM India Software Labs for the position of Senior QA Automation Engineer, and I find myself at a crossroads. Here are the key details:

Experience: I boast nearly 9.5 years of experience in the IT industry.
Current Company: I am presently employed at a startup that offers a 10% annual hike, boasts promising projects, and has plans for an onsite opportunity in Canada. My current role involves substantial coding, and the notice period is two months.
Current Compensation: My current compensation stands at 29.86 LPA, Basic 19.4 lpa pf 21600 and I benefit from a work-from-home arrangement.
IBM Offer: IBM has extended an offer for a Band 7B position with a package of 34.28 LPA and a 5 Lakh bonus. The role entails QA Automation for the Guardium product, and IBM follows a hybrid work model. The office is conveniently located just 4 km from my place.
Additionally, I've enrolled in Scalar to further enhance my coding skills.

Given these considerations, I find myself torn between the stability and reputable environment offered by IBM and the promising growth and onsite opportunity at my current startup.

I'm eager to hear your thoughts and insights on whether I should accept the IBM offer or continue with my current role. Any advice on the pros and cons or personal experiences would be immensely helpful.

Thank you in advance for sharing your valuable perspectives!

From India, Bhopal
aussiejohn

This is a HR forum for HR questions and problems. Please seek a more appropriate forum to ask this type of question. It has nothing to do with HR.
From Australia, Melbourne
raghunath_bv

Hi,
It sounds like you are facing a significant career decision, and I can understand the weight of this choice. Your extensive experience and the details of both your current role and the IBM offer provide a clear picture of the factors at play. The decision between stability and growth, as well as the potential for an onsite opportunity, is indeed a challenging one. I believe it would be helpful to weigh the pros and cons of each option and consider how they align with your long-term career goals. Additionally, seeking advice from individuals who have experienced similar career crossroads could provide valuable insights. I wish you the best in making this decision and trust that you will consider all aspects thoughtfully before reaching a conclusion.

Thanks

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.