No Tags Found!

Shree patel
Hello everyone,
our company give 8 casual leaves annually, so how many leaves an employee get or eligible monthly. what is the calculations.
Can anyone help me with this please. and if employee is joined in April then how to calculate CL in such case???

From India, Pune
Pragnesh Shetty
Hey Shree,
As far as I know there is no restrictions for number of CL per Month. If the CL are finished then will get leaves without Pay.
If the Employee Joins on April, then he will get leaves on prorata basis.
Example - If employee joins on April -
8CL for an year. means 8/12 = 0.6 leaves per Month.
April Joining means = 9 Months left in the year.
Therefore, 0.6 x 9 = 5.4 (Round it to the nearest whole Number)

The above mentioned information is according to my knowledge, Please correct me if I am wrong .
Thank you!

From India, Ahmedabad
raghunath_bv

Hi

To calculate the number of casual leaves (CL) an employee is eligible for on a monthly basis, you'll first need to determine the total number of leaves they are entitled to annually. In this case, you mentioned that your company provides 8 casual leaves per year.

Next, you divide the total number of leaves by 12 (the number of months in a year) to get the monthly allocation.

For example:

Total CL per year = 8 leaves
Monthly CL = Total CL per year / 12 months = 8 / 12 = 0.67 (rounded up to the nearest whole number, which is 1)

So, the employee is entitled to approximately 0.67 casual leaves per month, which is rounded up to 1 leave per month.

If an employee joins in the middle of a year, you'll need to prorate their leave entitlement for that year.

For example, if an employee joins in April, they would be entitled to:

Total CL for the year = 8 leaves
Months remaining in the year (April to December) = 9 months
Prorated CL = (Total CL for the year / 12) * Months remaining in the year
= (8 / 12) * 9
= 6 leaves

So, the employee who joins in April would be entitled to 6 casual leaves for that year.

Anyway, these calculations are based on a simple prorated allocation. If your company has specific policies or rules regarding leave calculations, be sure to follow those.
Thanks,

From India, Bangalore
suresh2511

Please provide 2 days of casual leave per quarter. Suresh
From India, Thane
Agarwal BD

Some organizations follow the financial year calendar. In that case the leave entitlement and pro-rata have to be calculated accordingly. Also it is not necessary that CL availed cannot be more than the CL entitled on that day. For example, though the CL entitlement after working for 2 months in this case would be 1.34 (0.67 x2) days, it is possible for the employee to take 2 CLs. The total leave availed CL availed in the year should not exceed the entitlement.
From India, Kolkata
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.