No Tags Found!

nhbs-group
Hi Team, I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to seek your guidance for Employee Engagement Activities.
Kindly guide how to manage employee engagement activities for 40 employees.
What are the criteria and how frequently are engagement activities to be conducted in a month?

Regards,
Swati

From India, Mumbai
DIPTI SRIVASTAVA 83

Employee engagement activities play a crucial role in fostering a positive work environment, boosting morale, and enhancing productivity.

Here's a guide on how to manage employee engagement activities for a team of 40 employees:

1. Understand Your Team:
Before planning any engagement activities, understand the preferences, interests, and demographics of your team. What activities resonate with them? Are they looking for team-building, skill development, or recreational activities?

2. Variety of Activities:
Offer a mix of activities that cater to different interests and needs. This could include team-building games, workshops, wellness sessions, casual get-togethers, and celebrations for festivals or achievements.

3. Frequency:
The frequency of engagement activities depends on factors like the nature of your industry, workload, and team preferences. A general guideline might be to have at least one engagement activity per month. However, it's also beneficial to have smaller, informal interactions throughout the month.

4. Plan Ahead:
Plan your engagement activities in advance. This allows employees to prepare, ensures proper resources, and prevents last-minute cancellations.

5. Inclusive Approach:
Involve employees in the planning process. Seek their ideas and preferences to make sure the activities are meaningful and engaging for them.

6. Flexibility:
Ensure that engagement activities don't disrupt work schedules. Consider flexible timings or rotational participation to accommodate different workloads.

7. Team Building:
Include team-building exercises that promote collaboration, communication, and problem-solving skills. Outdoor activities, workshops, and ice-breakers can be effective.

8. Skill Development:
Offer workshops or training sessions that align with professional development. These can range from soft skills to technical training.

9. Celebrations:
Celebrate milestones, birthdays, festivals, and achievements. These celebrations create a sense of belonging and camaraderie.

10. Health and Wellness:
Include wellness activities like yoga, meditation, or health talks. Healthy employees are more engaged and productive.

11. Feedback Loop:
After each engagement activity, gather feedback to understand what worked well and what could be improved. Use this feedback to refine future activities.

12. Recognition:
Regularly recognize and appreciate employees' contributions. This can be through awards, shout-outs in team meetings, or even a simple thank-you note.

13. Diversity and Inclusion:
Plan activities that respect cultural and religious diversity. Celebrate various festivals and create an inclusive atmosphere.

14. Budget Considerations:
Allocate a budget for engagement activities. They don't need to be extravagant; even small gestures can have a positive impact.

15. Measure Impact:
Keep track of changes in employee morale, collaboration, and overall satisfaction after implementing engagement activities. Use surveys or informal discussions to gather insights.

Remember that the key to successful engagement activities is authenticity. Tailor the activities to your team's preferences, and ensure they align with your company's culture and values. Regular engagement helps foster a positive work atmosphere and builds a strong sense of belonging among employees.

KK!HR

Don't mistake employee engagement to be an off-and-on activity to be held at times. It is a much deeper concept and signifies the emotional involvement of employees with the organisation. It is not limited to picnics, birthday parties, and social celebrations, they are to be seen as part of your wider approach to bring identification of the employees with the organisation. Learned Member, Deepti Shrivastava has put out all the required ingredients for such a programme, indeed all your activities must show the employee engagement philosophy of the organisation.
From India, Mumbai
aussiejohn

And what about the employees who hate these sorts of things?

Over the years I have been on CiteHR, I have read so many posts about this topic and about playing silly games, team building exercises etc, etc. Most staff members hate them. I was subjected to this sort of rubbish over my almost 50 years in the workforce. I made a point of taking sick leave on those days to avoid them. I had a job to do and I preferred to sit at my desk and do the work I was paid to do. None of the managers ever treated me any better after they came back from playing games or having team building exercises. Life went back to the same as it was the day before. Absolutely nothing changed in the office.

Too many people think these sorts of activities solve a problem that has it's root cause elsewhere. If employees are not engaged and not involved in the organisation, then your first task is to find out why. There are many and varied reasons, poor salaries, poor management, no advancement opportunities, unreasonable working hours, lack of leave, etc, etc. You can play games till the cows come home, but if you don't fix the basic problems, you will just waste time and money better spent on providing better working conditions for your staff.

From Australia, Melbourne
Akjamee
Dipti Srivastava beautifully pointed out to guide an employee engagement activity. Aussiejohn opened up the crux of the problem, why the management arranges such activities. It is true- without curing the pain- accumulated for long- playing games is silly hogwash.
From Bangladesh
gaurish

Employee engagement activities are crucial for fostering a positive and productive work environment. The frequency and criteria for conducting these activities can vary based on your company culture, industry, and the preferences of your employees. Here's a general guideline for organizing employee engagement activities for a team of 40 employees:

**Frequency:**
The frequency of engagement activities can vary, but aim for a mix of daily, weekly, monthly, and occasional events to keep things engaging and interesting.

1. **Daily:**
- Morning team huddles: A brief 10-15 minute daily meeting to set goals, share updates, and align tasks.
- Appreciation moments: Encourage employees to express gratitude or acknowledge their colleagues' efforts during the day.

2. **Weekly:**
- Team building activities: Rotate between team lunches, games, or brainstorming sessions to encourage collaboration and camaraderie.
- Skill-sharing sessions: Allow employees to share their expertise or hobbies in short sessions to facilitate learning and bonding.

3. **Monthly:**
- Birthday and anniversary celebrations: Commemorate employees' special occasions with a small celebration.
- Employee recognition: Acknowledge and reward outstanding performance or contributions.

4. **Occasional:**
- Retreats or off-site outings: Plan quarterly or semi-annual trips to enhance team cohesion and offer a change of scenery.
- Volunteer activities: Participate in community service projects to give back and strengthen the sense of purpose.

**Criteria:**
When selecting engagement activities, consider these criteria to ensure they are meaningful and effective:

1. **Relevance:** Choose activities that align with your company's values and goals.

2. **Inclusivity:** Ensure that activities cater to the diverse interests and preferences of your employees.

3. **Variety:** Offer a mix of activities to cater to different personalities and work styles.

4. **Participation:** Activities should encourage active involvement and participation from all team members.

5. **Feedback:** Regularly seek feedback from employees to gauge the success of previous activities and to gather ideas for future ones.

6. **Impact:** Consider how each activity contributes to team cohesion, personal development, and overall job satisfaction.

7. **Flexibility:** Be open to adjusting the frequency and type of activities based on employee feedback and changing circumstances.

Remember that the key to successful employee engagement is consistency and genuine effort to create a positive work environment where employees feel valued and motivated. Adjust the frequency and criteria based on the specific needs and dynamics of your team.

From India, Panaji
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.