Anonymous
Hi, i have got offer letter from MNC and in BGV checks they are asking for PF account and Form 16 for my previous employer which i don't have. My PF was not deductible at that time and my salary was low so TDS was also not deductible. Now they want an email from my employer that my pf/tds was not deducted in my tenure. But they are not writing me this email as well. Now what should i do? My BGV is pending due to this.
From India, Chandigarh
Madhu.T.K

These are the main issues with the background verification agents. They can't ask an employer to give an explanation for not deducting PF or TDS. If they ask, it is not necessary that an employer should respond to such questions. In my opinion the employer should not respond to such questions because the background verification agency is not a statutory body to ask such questions. They should only ask for any clarification from the employee and if satisfied, confirm it or reject it based on the evidences available.

As the thread starter has said there should be two reasons for not deducting PF and TDS. One, if your salary at the time of joining that company was more than Rs 15000, then you could be an excluded employee. Second, if your salary did not come under the tax brackets, there was no need to deduct TDS and generate a form 16. Now form 16 is system generated and is downloaded from the website of Income Tax. In the absence of employer furnishing the details of all the employees irrespective of their tax liability status in principle as a company policy, even the part B of the form 16 cannot be generated.

From India, Kannur
Anonymous
Then what should be done? I am stuck due to this.
From India, Chandigarh
Madhu.T.K

I think I have already stated what should be the reasons for not deducting PF and Tax. Try to get your previous employer involved in it and solve it. If your relationship is good, you can manage it.
From India, Kannur
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.