Chandan Verma
I was to retire from service on 31st july but I got a chargesheet on 30th july. Enquiry was held and punishment order Dt.01/06/2023 says " reduction of pay by 2 stages in time scale of pay till the date of his superannuation i.e. 31/07/2022 with cumulative effect ."
Will it have adverse effect on my pension which I hv been drawing since Aug 2022 ?

From India, Patna
Madhu.T.K

Certainly, because it has a cumulative effect which means that once the punishment period is over, the scale will not go back or status quo which remained just before the punishment will not be maintained. Had it been "without cumulative effect" your scale would come back to the current scale once the punishment period is over. The only loss of income by of such punishment is two increment amount for one or two years. But since it is with cumulative effect, once the punishment period is over, you will start earning increment on the reduced salary. As the date of retirement is the same, however, you cannot get that increment. That means, the two increment in the scale reduced will be the base for your pension. If you are in receipt of pension on actual basic, then that has to be reworked on the basis of reduced basic salary.

Expert opinion invited.

From India, Kannur
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.