No Tags Found!

priyaslakshmi1905@gmail.com

Hello, I would like to discuss a case involving an employee who has been working as a trainee in testing for six months and is feeling frustrated and uninterested in the role. The employee is also experiencing periods of idleness and feels that they are not as productive as he could be. However, the employee is currently on a bond period and wishes to resign.

As a first step, I have convinced the employee to take some time to consider his options. I have also offered the employee the opportunity to change his position and try working in development, but he is hesitant due to a lack of confidence in his skills. Suggest some ways to retain this employee.

From India, Kochi
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi,

'You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink' is a proverb which means that you can give someone an opportunity but not force them to take it. When the Employee is not willing to continue no point of compelling him to continue just because he signed Training Agreement.

The employee is not interested in Testing. You have given option in development ( which require more hard work) but he is reluctant.

Now let's assume that out of your compulsion Trainee agrees to continue either is testing or development. After the completion of Training period still if he is unproductive or average all your efforts to train him /cost incurred / man power resources utilized will go meaningless.

So my suggestion is get resignation letter from him and relieve him immediately.

Normally it will happen in every Trainee Batch 1 or 2 Trainees will not show interest or will abscond in the middle. Be happy that within 6 months he had expressed unwillingness to continue.. if it is after 1 year it would be more worsen..

From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.