surat-guy
For my electronics hardware design & development startup

Here we are going to start from the scratch

We will design & develop hardware (PCB/circuit board of any electronics product) based on customers' needs and here prospective customers will be any electronics product manufacturers or electronics OEM manufacturers across the globe for whom we can design and develop circuit board for their product application requirements and It will be completely project based, and here, circuit designing will be taken place in house at our office and PCB manufacturing will be through third party PCB manufacturers and final testing and quality checks will be done at our office before final delivery of the PCB product to the customer.

So here, in order to start the business operation, first I need the experienced sales and marketing persons from the same industry only who can identify target customers, go to the market, reach out to the prospective customers and do marketing about our company services mentioned above and bring us the projects from all our India and globe by their marketing skill. At the beginning we don't have much budget to spend on digital marketing and getting leads from there. So, at the first, by doing field marketing only, we need to get the projects and generate the revenue before going to digital marketing.

Next, we need a technical team in which one person, called Electronics engineer will do designing work, one person/Engineer will oversee production to be carried out at third party manufacturer's plant and one person/Engineer will final testing & quality check before final delivery.

In addition, I need people to support me in my HR, legal, administrative and account activities.

Also, I need one responsible person to manage overall business operations of this startup and so the smooth revenue generation and want to expand the team subsequently in order to increase the productivity.

Intilally my target would be to generate around 5 lakhs/month or 8-10 projects/month with the help of essential staff members mentioned above and later to expect it grow gradually

Also, staff salary could be possible from the monthly generated revenue only at the beginning as no financial backup at this stage.

So, kindly help me to name various department & essential staff positions (also no. of positions for each post) to fill in each respective department at this early stage along with their JD and best strategy to achieve the revenue goal as mentioned above and to expand the team to increase the productivity & revenue at lateral stage say after some months.

Thank you very much for your helpful response.

From India, Jalalpur
Dinesh Divekar

Dear member,

It may be noted that this is a forum for HR professionals. When they face a problem in execution, they raise queries on this forum. The seniors give replies to the questions.

Your query is about the execution of your business. It will require consulting and replies cannot be given on a forum like this. Even if someone wishes to provide, the person will have to spend a lot of time. I doubt any member will do it free of charge.

Therefore, you may have to hire a consultant to answer your business issues.

The last but one paragraph says: So, kindly help me to name various department & essential staff positions (also no. of positions for each post) to fill in each respective department at this early stage along with their JD and best strategy to achieve the revenue goal as mentioned above and to expand the team to increase the productivity & revenue at lateral stage say after some months.

If you are not clear about the names of the departments of your future company, the allocation of manpower for the departments, how to achieve revenue goals etc. then inadvertently you have revealed more about yourself than you have asked for!

Thanks,

Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
aussiejohn

All this information should be in your Business Plan which should have been written long before you are at the recruitment stage.

My other question would be - how are you going to finance the set up of this operation and pay salaries for all those staff members from the get-go?? It seems to me that you have not thought any of this through properly. NO business makes money the day they open the doors. It could be at least 12-24 months, and often longer, before you make enough money to start paying suppliers, staff, rent on your factory etc etc.

Do you have a large sum of money set aside to start this business, and be able to pay bills for the first 12 months? Do you have enough money put aside to manage your own personal financial obligations, ie household and day to day living expenses for at least 12 months. You will not get a salary from this business for a long time.

As I have said many times to other people on this forum also planning to set up businesses, FAILURE TO PLAN IS PLANNING TO FAIL.

From Australia, Melbourne
NK SUNDARAM

Hello, I refer to your posting. Am an HR Consultant and this is my 52nd year of working, including 33 years with Larsen & Toubro. Since retirement in 2011, am into HR Consultany, Training and Soft skill training. I have clients in Karnataka, Tamilnadu, Doha, Qatar and also Dubai. My charges are nominal and you don't have to have to be afraid of it. Last year, I reviewed the PMS process of a pharma company and as a result redesigned the JD of over 40 senior profiles. I do extensive research on subjects which are new to me. I do not hesitate to pick up a book, read, understand and explain wherever required. I have people to support to e in my endeavour. Just google my name N K Sundaram. Am in LinkedIn with over 9800 contacts, FB with 4500 contacts and youtube channel with over 160 videos of my training sessions. If interested please revert.
From India
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.