Anonymous
I have a small business with less than 10 employees, a lady that joined us three months before needs maternity leave. Since the MB act 1961 is for more than 10 employees establishment, what leave should I keep for my organization? What do you think is sufficient?
From Canada, Vancouver
drsivaglobalhr

Dear Colleague,
It is highly appreciable that you have good intention as you are exploring how to help your employees, even though you are not covered by the threshold number of the Act and other labour laws. The Government fixed certain numbers of employees under each and every Labour Law with an intention that not to hamper the establishments'' growth and progress by way of inspections, administration, licensing and so on.

As a role model employer, voluntary extension of certain good welfare provisions mentioned in the law like Maternity Leave, Casual Leave or Emergency Leave, Weekly Off system are good and will be creating a good work place. Even though this will incur a small cost, the impact it creates in the minds of employees will be great and long run it will help the business too. You may think to cover your employees under a good Mediclaim Policy to take care of such medical expenses.

If your business and financial positions is not viable, then look for a good Mediclaim Insurance Coverage for your employees plus Weekly Off and Emergency Casual Leave / Medical Leave system for your employees.

Once again our sincere appreciations
Thanks
Dr.P.SIVAKUMAR
Doctor Siva Global HR
Tamil Nadu

From India, Chennai
Madhu.T.K

The intention is appreciated but before granting certain privileges, please remember that in India it is very easy to make the privileges the rights of employees. Therefore, my advise is that if a particular law is not applicable to you, then never bring it to your organisation but wait for the date of application to come. Otherwise, for each and every issue the demand will come from the employees and you will be in trouble then. ignore if not acceptable! A word from a person who has been in the HR field for the last three decades!
From India, Kannur
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.