No Tags Found!

hridgo
Hi, My notice period is 3 months but I got a better opportunity from another company and they want me to join max to max 1 month. After discussions with my manager & IT they are giving me clearance mail, on the basis of mail I am joining the new company In the meantime I was serving my resignation letter to our HR but they are not giving me clearance. Even they are holding my last two-month salary as well as pf. Please suggest what should I do now.
From India, Kolkata
PRABHAT RANJAN MOHANTY

Your HR is at right stand because the notice period is 3 month, whereas you left before the completion of notice time.

You better meet the HR head and request him to consider your resignation on buy-out option is the only solution left before you. In worst case consult an advocate (with your appointment letter), if there any loopholes to give you a riding advantages.

From India, Mumbai
girraj123

Dear Member,
As you have mentioned your notice period is three months as per the terms of engagement than you have two things to act (i) you should have asked the new employer to buy the notice period or give three months time to join.(ii) You should have meet your HR personally and should discuss your issue with her/him. Because HR is there to follow the SOP/Policy of the company. It will be better you meet him, hope, he will understand the situation and will relieve you.

All the best to you.

From India, Gurgaon
tajsateesh

Hello,
I am not sure on what basis you took your manager's & IT's mail as the Final word on this issue as it's from the Company.
The Reporting Manager's role in the whole resignation process is to assess the handing-over activities.......timelines & quantum......while the HR role is to ensure the employee follows the company-wide HR Policies.
Any waiver or reduction of the Notice period is always done on a case-to-case basis.

Like Girraj Sharma suggested, the only way seems to be to meet & discuss with HR.
You have not mentioned your experience level--if you are a junior level employee, you can take the stand that you were misguided. If you are a Mid or senior level employee, then I am afraid you can have tough time convincing your HR.
But I don't see any other way out.

All the Best.
Rgds,
TS

From India, Hyderabad
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.