No Tags Found!

Anonymous
Hello Professional! I'm placed as HR Executive and Responsible for all HR function as well as General Admin Grievances I have 3 Reporting Head (Head HR Placed at HO, AGM Plant, Executive Director both HO & Plant all have different power in them). Here I m lacking a strategy to make them all happy while solving grievances or dealing with the misconduct of a particular employee. As some of the employees are good to Head HR, some are good to AGM and some are good to ED. Here I feel that I have locked with three different keys. How to get out of this. Please Guide.
Thanks

From India, Coimbatore
Dinesh Divekar

Dear member,

It is unfortunate to note that you are required to report to three bosses. Managing one boss is difficult. When the number of bosses is tripled, it becomes an ordeal.

Nevertheless, it is the duty of the HR Head sitting at HO to ensure that the employees do not have multiple reporting.

I recommend you write on a piece of paper expectations from each boss. Once you map the duties, identify overlap, if any. If there is an overlap, then approach the respective bosses and tell them who should be given the precedence.

If the employees have allegiance to different bosses and enjoy a mental protective cover from their boss, then it is a plain groupism. In the environment of groups, it becomes very difficult to work. I recommend you pull for 1-2 years and search for a better opportunity.

Thanks,

Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
KK!HR

It is a living reality, throughout one's career and even later, one has to deal with a lot of bosses, some are formal, others are not of formal status both within the organisation and outside too. The success would depend on one's ability to adjust and integrate with the different working styles one has to cope with. It would be advantageous to undergo sensitivity training and also basics of Transactional Analysis (Go through, I am OK You are OK by Eric Berne)
From India, Mumbai
ganesh-sharma1
@Dinesh Divekar Sir thank u for ur suggesstion.
From India, Coimbatore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.