purushotham-vocal
I joined one company with 3 years agreement. But 3 days after signing the bond I wanted to quit the company due to some sudden changes in personal life issues. What problems I can face in this case. The employer is forcing me to pay off money or else they will go legally. Kindly advise on this.
From India, Kadapa
umakanthan53

Once signed the bond after joining the services, you are bound by the bond conditions afterwards irrespective of the duration of the time lapsed. But the quantum of liquidated damages claimed by the employer can be questioned depending on the investment of time and money incurred by him on training etc.
From India, Salem
purushotham-vocal
Hi Sir. Thanks for the reply. Actually they have not provided any training for me and i am an experienced candidate.
From India, Kadapa
shyam.das
Hi Purushotham,
A - You haven't mentioned what exactly was the problem, that you left the company after 3 days?
B - If you had doubts from Day 1, then you should not have signed the Bond and joined the company.
C - The Reason for companies keeping such a bond is to make sure employees joining don't leave the job, in your case, it was 3 yrs & You should have respected the Bond properly and asked for leave for few days. If the personal issue was that big. I am sure the company would have agreed to you to take leaves for few days and then join them back as it was just 3 days.
D - Now that you have broken the Bond, you are liable for legal action, if the company plans to do so.

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.