No Tags Found!

GK7

Work Culture is Person-specific and function-specific. Whereas Organisation Culture is group-specific or department or organization as a group-specific.
From India, Hyderabad
Anonymous
can you assist me with organizational culture? Do you have the actual base material which you worked on? Kindly provide the same as we also looking to develop organizational culture.
From India
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Anonymous,
May I know the nature of your industry, the product or service of your company, the number of employees, your designation etc.?
There is nothing like "development of the organisation's culture". Organisations do not grow in a vacuum. As the days, months and years pass since the inception of the organisation, the culture is formed automatically. Nevertheless, the only person who can give a specific shape to the company's culture is the MD of the company.
An organisation's culture is nothing reflection of the personality of the topmost leader. When one looks at the culture, one gets an insight into the mindset or psychology of the top leadership. Changing the culture is not an easy task, however, if at all the change is contemplated then the only person who can change it is the company's MD. All others can just assist in implementing the change but cannot do anything on their own.
Look at Apple. It has grown in the shadow of Steve Jobs. He was called designers' designer. He was ruthlessly innovative. He has made the entire company extremely innovative. The second example can be given of Google. The company's culture is of paramount importance to the owners and they expect each and every employee to cherish it. They refer to their employees as Googler. Each and every Googler is absolutely clear on the company's culture. If a few hundred or a few thousand employees of Google asked to define the culture, they define exactly in the same manner. This happens not because they have been told to mug up the definition of Google's culture but they experience it in their day-to-day life. So while recruiting, Googlers check whether the job candidate is capable to become a future Googler.
Anyway, all the best to your efforts!
Thanks,
Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
sam-john1
Thank you very much Sir for your valuable information. The company where I am working is the Stockbroking company. Here as a Sr. HR one task is assigned to me to develop organizational culture and productivity in employees also some innovative ideas to bring upon.
The strength of the company is 37 employees. I have loads of ideas but it may cost the company. Our boss wants some fruitful idea which has a very minimal cost.
Can you guide me the same what to bring new innovations and productivity

From India
KK!HR

When you use the culture it cannot be individual specific, be it work culture or O.C. Culture is leant behaviour from the past to the present and goes to the future. So I have my respectful difference from the view expressed in the query.
From the post, it appears you are looking for some quick-fix solution to impress the higher boss, but OC is not something that can be changed by a few gimmicks and tricks. First of all, have you done some sort of organisational diagnosis, if you are new to the organisation try to understand it deeply before venturing into changing the OC or WC. As an HR person, your personal credibility is very critical, so say what you mean and mean what you say. This should help to make a difference along with giving a patient hearing to the employees.

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.