Anonymous
Dear Sir/Madam, I have been charged with IPC 279/338 for an accident, where I was not at fault at large. So using legal advice, I decided to fight the case in court and pleaded not guilty. But due to ongoing pandemic, the case hearing is halted and the case is still pending. In the meantime I have secured a job with an MNC which would require background verification. Will the case against me, act as a hindrance to get the job, as it is still pending? Will I be cleared in police verification and background check? Can I be allowed to join the company inspite of the pending matter? Kindly reply, I am really worried and I don't want to lose the opportunity
From India, Kolkata
umakanthan53

The sections quoted in the post relates to the offence of negligent/rash driving causing hurt to others and the punishment if convicted. Whether the accused pleads guilty in the Court and pays the fine or contests the case and get convicted, it makes no difference so far as the conviction is concerned. However, it dose not involve moral turpitude. So far as Private Employment is concerned it may not be considered to have any impact on the person's employability. But it is better to disclose the pendency of the case to the potential employer.
From India, Salem
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.