No Tags Found!

Anonymous
Hi Team, hope you all are well!! I need some help with the maternity benefits for teachers in a school. Can the employer force the teacher to take maternity leave? If there is any link that can we shared on this thread it will be really useful. Awaiting a response at the earliest.
From India, Bengaluru
rkn61

Please go through the below mentioned link;
https://www.citehr.com/593415-do-pvt...r-present.html

From India, Aizawl
Bhartiya Akhil

Dear Aaron,
I am confused reading you post.
You said the employer i.e. the School is forcing the teacher to go on maternity leave. Is it so?
You got the link in which it is said that the teacher is entitled to maternity leave. That leave is paid.
But you want not to avail the leave. If the employer do not permit you to avail the leave due, he will be liable under the MB Act 1961.

From India, Mumbai
aaron-d-and-39-cruz
Hi,
So the Teacher has completed a year in the particular school and she has her pregnancy due in the month of January. But the school principal has asked her to take the maternity leave right away as she had asked for a days leave to visit the doctor. So how to deal with this. if we could talk to the management we needs law points as backup.
This was verbally communicated to the teacher over phone. And so far no response from the school to the teacher. Help me on this. Is there a better way to tackle this situation. Can labour laws or Human rights support on this for rude behavior or forceful application of ML.

From India, Bengaluru
aaron-d-and-39-cruz
Whatsapp messages have been sent to the principal politely to reconsider working as its too early to take the maternity leave when the due date is in Jan. But the principal has ignored everything. What to do now.
From India, Bengaluru
varghesemathew

Under ESI or Maternity benefits Act?
From India, Thiruvananthapuram
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.