No Tags Found!

mani-bhandari1

Hi all, Greetings, hope you all are doing well!!

I would like to share few compliance knowledge regarding the Apprenticeship hiring. I have been handling recruitment and all legal formalities regarding apprenticeship at my current company.

Please review the same and let me know if there’s something I am missing out on.

So to sum up Apprentice Act - 1961.

1. Establishment as prescribed shall engage apprentices in a band of 2.5 percent to 10 percent of the total strength staff.

Over and above 2.5% percent is not statutory and is counted as CSR if you hire over 2.5% however there’s a limit up to 10% as apprentices as we do not pay EPF & ESIC. Also the total strength is counted by including contractual workmen’s as well.

2. Record of progress of apprentice to be submitted at end of each quarter - I have confusion regarding this , but I have lately drafted a format to track performance of the apprentice. Please inform are there any forms or report anything that need to be submitted because since the past year the apprentice portal and everything is online portal.

3. Reservation for the Apprentices of Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Backward Class.

We have been hiring apprentice but we don’t specifically recruit on the basis of their cast many are SC or many may not be. We don’t collect sensitive data regard Cast and all however it is there on the portal in their individual profile . So is it like mandatorily to hire a specific percentage ??

4. Payment to apprentice - Payment proof should be their from your payroll data.

5. Qualifications of persons in charge of apprentice- we have deployed apprentice to various departments and their HOD serves as their incharge.

Please informs if there are any other legal compliance’s.

Also please inform the procedure of termination of an apprentice in a legal manner. We hire apprentice under NAPS scheme.

From India, New Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.