shrutika-koli
I have joined company on September 2019 & my probation period was 6 months till last month i.e in March 2020 I had informed my employer that I want Maternity leave from 25th July. However they said we can't afford your cost hence you are not eligible for maternity. Also they hold my confirmation letter because I am pregnant. What to do in this scenario? My performance is also up to the mark but still only because of my pregnancy employer is denied to give me confirmation letter & Maternity leave.
From India, Mumbai
nathrao

Have you informed in writing?
With medical certificate.
If not do it immediately.
The company cannot ask you to leave by denying confirmation.
If they persist in trying to remove you
Think of visiting the Labour Officer of the area with your problem.

From India, Pune
shrutika-koli
Yes I have already informed the HR in writing for which earlier they have agreed & asked me to give leave application. But when I gave leave application that time my reporting Manager(A.V.P.) has rejected my leave by saying "you are supposed to resign on 1st May'2020".
What to do now?

From India, Mumbai
PRABHAT RANJAN MOHANTY

What is you last date of probation? The burden lies with management, if the management have not send you any communication in regard to confirmation on or before completion of probation period. As per the law & rules your job deemed to be confirmed.
You lodge a complaint with all relevant documents before the labour authority of your place of establishment immediately.

From India, Mumbai
subbaraodva

Hi Nathrao sir, I have a doubt, she has not completed 1 year service in current company. How she eligible for maternity leave.
From India, Hyderabad
shobhit-kumar-mittal

Shrutika,
Since you have completed 80 days working with your employer, they are bound to extend maternity benefit to you. They cannot even terminate you now.
You can send legal notice.
- Shobhit Kumar Mittal
Industrial & Labour Lawyer
8077779793, 9319956443

From India, Faridabad
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.