No Tags Found!

Anonymous
Hi,
Recently i got a Harassment Case.
The story goes like this:
One of the Employee is a Facebook friend of one Lady. 1 year back, she shared the Resume to refer in the company. Because of work load he forgot to upload in the portal.
After 1 year he saw the Resume in his desktop and thought to upload and refer to the organization.
Since he dont have her number, took the number from resume and sent a WhatsApp Message to her to check whether she is interested in job or not.
All messages below are separate messages sent after getting responses from that number
Hi
This is Sanjay
How are you
Do u remember me
Are you working in same company
Last time HR told You didnt pick the for the interview. Shall i tell HR to call you once again.
But actual issue arises here, The number in the resume is her Husband number & for all above messages, reply has given by Her husband.
Other than above There is no proof.
Our employee have a Mail sent by a lady to refer.
Now he came to our office telling our employee harassed him.
Please suggest what to do.

From India, Bengaluru
nathrao

If all this is the only messaging done ,there is no harassment.
But why was a one year old resume picked up again?
What was the reply given by the Husband from the number you thought belonged to the lady in question?
Was the complaint in writing or verbal?
Kindly give full details for better answer.
What is your role in the incident and your official position?

From India, Pune
Anonymous
Hi,
She is just a FB frnd, pinged and requested to refer in the company. Lost the messenger messgaes.
Resume was saved in the desktop.
He thought he uploaded the Resume in the portal by entering required details (But forgot to click submit button and turnoff the laptop). After uploading we used to get notification that Resume is uploaded.
After 1 week, when he checked for the status, notification was not available. He thought to check with Lady, is she got any mail or call from the company. No reply from her for message or call in Messenger. So he thought that she is not responding may b because i dint uploaded the resume.
After few months, he sees the Resume, he was feeling guilty for not uploading it. So recently he got a mail for the openings and thought to upload it, before uploading he thought to ask her once , whether she is interested or not.
Her FB is deactivated. so pinged to her WhatsApp.
I am a friend of that guy (who sent a Message)
I am an Associate in this Company
He Gave a Written complaint

From India, Bengaluru
Anonymous
He was replying like,
When he asked, Is that "Lady Name",
Husband replied "yes"
Wen he asked, Do you remember me
Husband replied Yes
Are you working in the same company
replied Yes.
When husband replied, yes for do i know me .
With curiosity, he asked why u dint replied when i pinged last year.
Husband replied dont know.
Then My frnd said Ok and stopped the text.
Later her husband pinged, why you dont you the reason.
My frnd said, really i dont know and no response from her husband
My frnd clicked the Call button by mistake, call went.
No reply nothing.
To get clarity on the interest in job, he told please pick the call. N called, then her Husband was shouting on him and he disconnected the call.

From India, Bengaluru
nathrao

If this is all which happened, there can be no case of harassment.
What does the written complaint state?
There are always two sides to a story.
Some times people become suspicious and protective and there are also cases where people harass on phone.(may not be in this case)
An independent person of the company should go through whatsupp and telephonic records and written complaint of Husband and sort the matter out in professional and neutral manner.

From India, Pune
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.