No Tags Found!

prateek-revadi
Hi All, I have recently resigned from my current job due to family emergency which has been approved and I am currently serving my 3 month notice period. I have also completely described my situation to my supervisor stating that I am resigning from the job due to personal reasons which was hindering my work and focus at the company (i.e I could not focus on the work properly because of my personal reasons). Recently, I have been getting calls from my supervisor saying that I have not been working properly and he is threatening me that he has the right to extend notice period by whatever amount he wants to.
Can anyone of you on this forum please provide me a clarification on the same? Is there any way he can randomly extend my notice period?
Thanks in advance.

From India, Bengaluru
umakanthan53

Dear friend,
Just because your resignation stands accepted and you are in notice period it doesn't mean that your performance can fall below the normal standards. You are required to work both qualitatively and quantitatively as per the normal standards of efficiency prescribed for the job.
However, shortfall if any in this regard cannot enable the employer or any superior to extend the period of notice which forms part of the terms of the contract of employment.
Try to be more focused and make your exit peaceful.

From India, Salem
nathrao

I understand the fact that you have a personal problem.But allowing that to divert attention from work is an action which could create problems.Focus on work and make sure that notice period gets aver smoothly and no excuse to extend notice period is given to employer.Legally notice period cannot be extended unless there is some clause in your offer letter which specifically states that during notice period if work is unsatisfactory, company can take action.
My advice would be focus and finish off notice period peacefully and productively as per organisation standards.
Otherwise company may create issues and your troubles will mount and divert focus from personal problems.Legal remedies in the country are expensive and time consuming and no surety of result in your favour is there.
So buck up and work hard.

From India, Pune
aman-soni1
Please guide me on two points mentioned below:
1) My ex-employer is charging 18% GST on gross salary for un-served notice period of 2 months. Should I pay it?
2) Despite giving Medical leave certificate, my ex employer deducted salary for the same. As per leave policy, any employee can avail sick leaves during notice period. So, please tell how can I claim it?
Regards,
Aman

From United States
aman-soni1
My ex-employer is based at Pune, Maharashtra.
From United States
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.