abhinavsidana
One of my friend, working with a company has been terminated at the spot by the company’s chairman,with no warning letter, no show cause notice, i mean nothing relevant and supportive to termination,infact no termination letter has been issued, its basically a verbal termination. My question is it so a company can do so. While she is on probation period its only 2 months she is working with the company. What are the steps, procedure that employee can follow yo safeguard her interest. As she is married and have alot of responsibility on her shoulder’s like baby’s fee and her mother father are dependent on her. Can anyone please help on this she is worried for her coming monthly expenses...she has everything with her like offer letter, appointment letter, attandance for the 2 months
One month and 7 days salary pending with the company...
Kindly confirm the steps to be followed and the rights she possess...
Regards

From United States
nathrao

What the terms and conditions of probation period?
Verbal termination will not be in order.
But is the person ready for a legal battle?
It is better to look around for jobs,while givng a legal reply to the company challenging the termination.

From India, Pune
abhinavsidana
Yes, she is ready to fight a legal battle against the company...aside the notice period mentioned in the appointment letter is 7 days in probabtion.
But i mean no warning letter, no non-performance letter

From United States
Nagarkar Vinayak L

Dear Colleague,
Any termination during probation must comply with conditions stated in the letter of the contract.
Such verbal, sudden termination, on the face of it, is illegal , unjustified and very much in bad taste.
You must fight it out legally by engaging good lawyer well- versed in employment laws .( of USA?)
Regards,
Vinayak Nagarkar
HR- Consultant

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.