No Tags Found!

ezhil-jeoffrey
Hi can any one give me an idea about ESI process. My question is: "From salary some amount are been debited for ESI every month, what if I am not availing any ESI amount from my company while in was working, and after I resigned my job, will I get back the money which detected from my salary?"
From India, Kochi
Babu Alexander

ESI contribution is an Insurance contribution on you. Insurance Contributions is not repayable to you. ESIC pays only sick leave benefits, accident benefits and accident compensation from the Insurance Contributions,
From India, Madras
ezhil-jeoffrey
while i was working i did not avail ESI at all but from my salary some amount has been detected for ESI alone. so please tell me where the money will go?
From India, Kochi
kamesh333

ESIC is a Statutory obligation hence those employees who comes under ESI purview are liable to pay ESI contributions and to that extent company will deduct 1.75% from your salary / wage, add another 4.5% and pay the total amount to ESI on monthly basis on or before of 15th of preceding month hence what ever the amount deducted from your salary will be going to ESIC.
If you avail it or not the contributions are to be paid till such time that you are in the purview of ESIC. On some of the following occasions the contribution is not going to be deducted 1) Your salary is over and above the ESIC coverage purview ie., more than Rs.21000/- pm. 2) Your company has not opted ESIC by arranging more than the facilities provided by ESIC 3) You are not working 4) working in such organizations which are exempted due to non implementation of ESIC in that particular area.
Regards
Kamesh

From India, Hyderabad
ezhil-jeoffrey
Thank you Babu Alexander and Kamesh. for the information
From India, Kochi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.